Street Side Charging Points

7 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

I have a road legal scooter with new batteries, the furthest I've dared to go on mine is 3 miles out and 3 back, one short steep hill, when I reached home I was fairly low on juice but how far that would take me is any ones guess. I know the companies that make them state 30 miles, but that is all Bull. I'm not exactly light at 17st either.

Fair enough. That does seem a little low on the range side, but - and I'm not being rude - your weight could be a factor, my Brighton friend is only around 11st - and used freewheel on downward hills.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/10/2023 at 11:34, aardvark6535 said:

I hear that the council are thinking about installing more Street Side Charging Points, Great if you have an electric car, but not a lot of use if you haven't - So this involves spending council (Our) money where only a few will gain - To make this more Palatable would it not be possible to alter them slightly so that they can also be used by those on a mobility scooter - A pull out cable ( pavement side) that fits into the scooter. I'm sure they all scooters use the same connection? This will allow scooter users to travel further without having to worry about running out of power - Just an idea.

What a waste of council tax money!! If people are daft enough to buy an electric car, they should pay for their own damn electricity. We don't even have a city centre Post Office at the moment and the council are pre-occupied with this?! Absolute joke.

Edited by Irene Swaine

55 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

What a waste of council tax money!! If people are daft enough to buy an electric car, they should pay for their own damn electricity. We don't even have a city centre Post Office at the moment and the council are pre-occupied with this?! Absolute joke.

You usually have to pay.  The ones I have seen have a swipe card. You can pay monthly or pay as you go.   It looks like there is a Post Office on Charles street.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Post Offices are not a decision for the council.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

What if you want to pay with cash?

I assume most people are happy to top up online.  It's quick and easy to do.  I think with some of them you can just tap your debit/credit card.  As you have no interest in getting and electric car it's rather a moot point.

Edited by Zinger549

2 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

I assume most people are happy to top up online.  It's quick and easy to do.  I think with some of them you can just tap your debit/credit card.  As you have no interest in getting and electric car it's rather a moot point.

Not everyone has a "smart" mobile phone.