Driverless Taxis ?

Given the state of the taxi drivers at the train station tonight - that day cannot come soon enough !  

Whilst the roads aren’t the best design I don’t think that means taxi drivers can under take others on the approach road that passes the garage ? 

or even better drive onto the box junction heading into the station, drop their fare then attempt to do a u turn so blocking the junction. 

needless to say the was lots of car horns and consternation 😟

professional drivers my arse  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, srtaylo0 said:

Given the state of the taxi drivers at the train station tonight - that day cannot come soon enough !  

Whilst the roads aren’t the best design I don’t think that means taxi drivers can under take others on the approach road that passes the garage ? 

or even better drive onto the box junction heading into the station, drop their fare then attempt to do a u turn so blocking the junction. 

needless to say the was lots of car horns and consternation 😟

professional drivers my arse  

Taxi driver are not and have never been considered professional drivers. 

If they had to take a test for professional standards there wouldn't be any taxis. 

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Taxi driver are not and have never been considered professional drivers. 

If they had to take a test for professional standards there wouldn't be any taxis. 

Wow - not heard this before - I thought they had to prove capability.  If not, why are people able to put their and others lives at risk by travelling in vehicles under the control of these people?

Surely this is wrong!

How can you tout for and be paid for a professional driving job without professional driving qualifications?  If they were found doing things wrong, surely they would get points on their licences and be banned for a while, so end up delivering leaflets or washing dishes for a year or so before being re-tested and allowed back on the road?

5 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

The future will be packed full of driverless cars stuck in traffic with no driver

Most will get dropped off then send the car home for free parking then call it when your ready to leave for work

Doubling the journeys 

Not all all, the future is car pooling like car hire where you don't own the vehicle and is available to anyone nearby once you have completed your journey or if you select you can share your journey and costs with profiled passengers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Findlay said:

Not all all, the future is car pooling like car hire where you don't own the vehicle and is available to anyone nearby once you have completed your journey or if you select you can share your journey and costs with profiled passengers.

"You will own nothing and be happy"

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Findlay said:

That's a moronic concept that will never work for the masses.