Winter Weather 2023/2024

Just had a mini power cut in Deepcar, initially assumed it was the winds from "Storm Debi" but we seem to get so many damn mini power cuts I'm not so sure. I swear theres a major fault somewhere around Deepcar / Stocksbridge thats being ignored, I've only been here a year and have had more powercuts here than the last 6 years elsewhere in Sheffield. Its practically once a fortnight now...

55 minutes ago, RickM said:

Just had a mini power cut in Deepcar, initially assumed it was the winds from "Storm Debi" but we seem to get so many damn mini power cuts I'm not so sure. I swear theres a major fault somewhere around Deepcar / Stocksbridge thats being ignored, I've only been here a year and have had more powercuts here than the last 6 years elsewhere in Sheffield. Its practically once a fortnight now...

From what I've read, we're at the point where powercuts are going to become a way of life if we're not careful, like some despotic little third world country...

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

She is likely referring to the scaremongering from last winter. 

Number of actual rolling blackouts last winter = zero

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

She is likely referring to the scaremongering from last winter. 

Number of actual rolling blackouts last winter = zero

Possibly - she does live in the past, after all.