Winter Weather 2023/2024

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just taken the dog to Graves Park. There is literally a river running through the middle of the park near the entrance near Morrisons.

Bonkers.

Services on the Maglev train have been curtailed due to flooded track...

Can you believe it?

• Haha 3

I can't believe all this grumbling about the weather, including someone who apparently faught in WW1 aged 10!  It's only the elderly who rememebr when we really did have bad weather, with  knee-high snow a regular around November/December. 

It's raining today.  Yes, I get it!  The world doesn't stop though!  There will be areas that flood - the same areas that have flooded before and historically are used to it.  Graves park will pass all the water on Chesterfield Road, which will mean areas of Woodseats are flooded, traffic will find it hard/impossible to get through for a few hours, but things will return to normal shortly afterwards.

It's the back-end of October, not long to Xmas, and forecasts say we can expect SUN all Sunday and Monday!  I certainly never saw that in my youth!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Padders said:

And listening to Roy Orbitson.

:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just taken the dog to Graves Park. There is literally a river running through the middle of the park near the entrance near Morrisons.

Bonkers.

Just picked little un up from nursery. Massive puddle about 3 inches deep outside gate . Feet wet through. Wish I still had my Gary Glitter boots 

Edited by hackey lad
  • Haha 1

Are today and tomorrow going to be the sternest test yet of the post-2007 flood defences? There are now ten flood warnings in place for Sheffield, including the Don at Savile Street and Brightside Lane.

Edited by Delbow

13 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Are today and tomorrow going to be the sternest test yet of the post-2007 flood defences? There are now ten flood warnings in place for Sheffield, including the Don at Savile Street and Brightside Lane.

No . 2007 we had a good few days of heavy rain. Having said that , I’ve just been shown some videos of the Don at Kelham and Meadowhall, looks grim .

Edited by hackey lad

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No . 2007 we had a good few days of heavy rain.

Well I asked if it would the sternest test of the defences since 2007. The forecast maximum height at Lady's Bridge in the next 24hrs is 3 metres, which is more than a metre lower than 2007