Winter Weather 2023/2024

1 hour ago, tired&weary said:

Back in the 1970s teachers lived closer to schools - now only insane teachers live near the spoiled brats they have to teach.

Kids were better behaved then.  Had some discipline 

It isn't that though is it. Funnily enough I was having this conversation with the head as I picked up my lad, she agreed that as a society we are much more risk averse than we used to be. In the 70s (or even the 80s or 90s) if a child slipped over and broke their leg it'd be brushed off as just a bit of bad luck, now all these over concerned pathetic parents would be up in arms : somebody is to blame !

Just now, Chekhov said:

It isn't that though is it. Funnily enough I was having this conversation with the head as I picked up my lad, she agreed that as a society we are much more risk averse than we used to be. In the 70s (or even the 80s or 90s) if a child slipped over and broke their leg it'd be brushed off as just a bit of bad luck, now all these over concerned pathetic parents would be up in arms : somebody is to blame !

Why couldn’t he walk home on his own?

I used to in the 1970s.

33 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Oooooooooh look at the snow. It's like a blizzard from the arctic 

Screenshot_20240208-143340_Facebook.jpg

Exactly, the main roads, and many of the side roads too, are perfectly usable.

Pathetic.

Just now, Prettytom said:

Why couldn’t he walk home on his own?

I used to in the 1970s.

That's a good point, I walked home from Junior school too.

It's not the snow (or paedos) that scare me, it's the traffic, then what he'd do to our house......

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yep. It's got its hazards on and isn't going anywhere 🤣

If he's got his hazards on that just means he wants to park there whilst he pops into the Offy.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1