Winter Weather 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I built a snowman yesterday Mr. P.

Somebody has nicked it and left me a pool of muddy water....

Could have worse!  Could have been just two pieces of coal either side of an erect carrot. :hihi:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Padders said:

I built a snowman yesterday Mr. P.

Somebody has nicked it and left me a pool of muddy water....

Which reminds me … the other day on a certain nether edge Facebook forum a local cafe ,where no doubt all the knitted jumper brigade  indulge in kidney bean soup followed by spicy nettle tea ,“ invited” their clientele to come along and make a SNOWPERSON…… I mean  wtf … god knows how they decorated that! No wonder this country is in a mess. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Which reminds me … the other day on a certain nether edge Facebook forum a local cafe ,where no doubt all the knitted jumper brigade  indulge in kidney bean soup followed by spicy nettle tea ,“ invited” their clientele to come along and make a SNOWPERSON…… I mean  wtf … god knows how they decorated that! No wonder this country is in a mess. 

Good point Mr. M-I-C.

Meks you wonder dunnit,

What next?

A Snowman with snow balls.

• Haha 4

I thought I’d pop yesterday to see what the problem was around Sheffield in my car, unfortunately i became stranded somewhere near St Phillips road. I abandoned the car because I couldn’t be bothered to try anymore. 

On 08/02/2024 at 09:49, Padders said:

Well it's snowing heavy in Longley...

I've just driven to my local ASDA which is a good 5 minutes walk away to stock up on a months supply of groceries.

I can't believe the number of car drivers who are still venturing out..

What next!  panic buying....

So let me get this straight, you clearly panic bought and you drove in your words QUOTE a good 5 minute walk distance to buy one month of grocerys?

And you are complaining about people panic buying and driving in cars?:loopy:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rogets said:

So let me get this straight, you clearly panic bought and you drove in your words QUOTE a good 5 minute walk distance to buy one month of grocerys?

And you are complaining about people panic buying and driving in cars?:loopy:

That gave me a good giggle Roget. :hihi: