Kelham Island

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Private enterprises and developers, wanting to make money.

They could be allowed to do that if they also provide some social housing.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well that would be down to national planning regulations.

That's fine then.

Care to say what you are actually arguing in favour of other than private developers making a lot of money ?

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's fine then.

Care to say what you are actually arguing in favour of other than private developers making a lot of money ?

That as it stands there is nothing forcing a bunch of private developers to build a load of cheap social housing for Britney and her four kids to live in at £60 a week.

Edited by HeHasRisen

34 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, it is annoying. The factories arent going to be reopened, so what does he expect to happen to those areas? Maybe he can tell us.

I have seen grown men in tears down there when their little workshop or in some cases factory sold off to the bloody property speculators ,   backed by the architectural company’s that see big bucks signs in front of their eyes , one instance was around Namsbury engineering building . the tenants where shoved out , the roofs removed (no rates to pay ). Old established engineers on the scrap heap . 

Those building’s are still derelict 5 years on just like the blokes that worked in them .

Many more instances of old established small firms  being forced out ,

This is now spreading along Neepsend not that the Yuppie mob care as long as another real ale pub bistro or noodle parlor springs up to keep the bearded chattering classes fed and watered like the beer 

46 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

He did.   Cuttsie said,   post #7,   "Read my lips ,  social housing needed".

Bang on 

46 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And where does the money come from for this?

Same place as where the speculators get theirs 

29 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

That as it stands there is nothing forcing a bunch of private developers to build a load of cheap social housing for Britney and her four kids to live in at £60 a week.

Here we go the true colors are now emerging .

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Because of the large numbers of immigrants much social housing would be filled by them nowadays.

When council house estates were built in the 1930s there was a relatively easy to predict population.

We had to wait approx. 2 years to get a council maisonette after we were married and lived with my parents until we did.

18 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Always to be expected mate.

They do like to still look after the property billionaires when there's no money for social hosing.

20 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Always to be expected mate.

They do like to still look after the property billionaires when there's no money for social hosing.

I do not think councils want the responsibility of managing large housing estates nowadays.

They had to do so in the past to get rid of the slums.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Because of the large numbers of immigrants much social housing would be filled by them nowadays.

When council house estates were built in the 1930s there was a relatively easy to predict population.

We had to wait approx. 2 years to get a council maisonette after we were married and lived with my parents until we did.

I think you only have to look at the demographic of people who were tragically killed in the Grenfell fire to see who's getting social housing in London 

A majority were not born in this country 

The sad reality is that someone just off the boat who claims Asylum has more access to social housing than someone who was born in this country 

And if they have children they go straight to the top of the 25 year housing queue 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1