Sheffield V Manchester

Runningman

Well we could sadly equal an unwanted record tonight at BDTBL.  The following from BBC Football site:

Sheffield United have one point this season, the joint-lowest tally by any Premier League side after eight matches. They could become the first team in English top-flight history to have no more than one point after nine games on two occasions, having started 2020-21 with a draw and eight defeats.

The only team to have one point after nine top-flight fixtures and go on to avoid relegation is Leicester City in 1983-84.

Time to start the mystical chanting & conjure up the spirit of Dave Bassett. 

3 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Heard the manager say on radio Basham’s injury is not career ending so maybe United luck is in.

I think you have to say that though really, even though I don't think we'll ever see him play for the Blades again. To throw someone under the bus and say their career is over won't help them mentally in terms of recovery.

We are lacking quality plus we now have a decimated squad

No comment about tonight's captain, other than I despair !!

A case of if only. If only Mcburnie had scored on the 3 minute mark.

Credit to that lad for Manchester's 2nd goal, that was quality and we aint got anybody who can do that.

I think Hecky will last out the season

Not sure about next season in the Championship

But the question is always asked, who would United hire in his place ?

Give the bloke a bit of a chance, what with the failure to bring in QUALITY players and now an horrendous injury list

Yes, he has to start finding a variation in words every time we lose.

Never a dull moment being a BLADE, you could have been born an OWL and had an even more exciting life !!