Proper Sheffielders

16 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Just had Sunday dinner ( as we call it ) whilst BBC were showing  Songs of Praise,  a little change from the blood soaked news programs.

It made me wonder why ALL the churches are saying so little about this murderous human folly that unfolds daily.

Even the religions of the countries involved seem to be very quiet so,  is there some sort of God, Allah, Superior being, sitting there and accepting that this is perfectly normal human behaviour.

If not,  why is no one screaming out ?  I'm quite sure of one thing   -   that if there is any intelligent life out in space, who can watch our behaviour,  it's not surprising if they don't make themselves known to us.

Do the blood thirsty participants think that their God will be perfectly at ease with what they are doing and,  if so,  I would ask what is the point of religion then ?

My life and the church were intertwined until I was around 17 and, despite the passage of time and changes I have undergone I could only describe it all as madness al round,

I agree.

Many people are intimidated and afraid to speak out where they are in real danger.

German soldiers used to have God with Us engraved on their belt buckles.

2 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

Ok - do you think other people are justifiably worried? 

No. 

Not yet at least. In the future maybe if the influx of young, fighting age illegal male migrants isn't halted or at least slowed we very may well have need to worry. 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

No. 

Not yet at least. In the future maybe if the influx of young, fighting age illegal male migrants isn't halted or at least slowed we very may well have need to worry. 

So why don’t you think the Facebook clip is misleading?

cos if people don’t need to be worried - that clip is a bit odd isn’t it? 

Edited by Mkapaka

Just now, Mkapaka said:

So why don’t you think the Facebook clip is not misleading?

Snipped 

Same reason you do find it misleading. 

Personal opinion. 

1 minute ago, Mkapaka said:

Snipped 

cos if people don’t need to be worried - that clip is a bit odd isn’t it? 

Not really. Some people are worried. It's OK to post something that reflects those views isn't it? 

I post many things I don't personally agree with. It's for the conversation 👍

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Same reason you do find it misleading. 

Personal opinion. 

Not really. Some people are worried. It's OK to post something that reflects those views isn't it? 

I post many things I don't personally agree with. It's for the conversation 👍

I would say it’s not ok without context - you could just be perpetuating unnecessary worry and division.

a bit like the person that posted the clip in the first place.