Proper Sheffielders

10 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The Jihad chanting has lead to questions between the Home Secretary and the police in London , In Sheffield it seems as though those in authority let these people do as they please .

If they are scared now what will it be like in the future,  someone said Jihad means war - now,  I can't believe Labour will do anything about this it will have to go through the courts as Breach of Peace,  incitement?  -  the crowds were already there,  the powers that be need a long term plan in place in case it ever becomes a riot.

Personally,  I don't believe they intended harm,  just go somewhere else no sense in exacerbating the situation.

Edited by cressida

Stop scaremongering, it’s ridiculous, nothing’s going to happen is it ?  In the 1970’s with the troubles in the six counties, nothing happened in Sheffield, don’t demonise minorities, I’ve been a minority in Sheffield,because of my religion and because my mum is Irish, well I’ve never caused any trouble nor have my siblings, but I have come into contact with predudice throughout my life, but hey, I was brought up in Sheffield from the age of two, and Sheffield is a very tolerant and welcoming city, I’m proud to say as  a 58 year old woman, I bloody love it here !!!  Another glass of white wine please,  my dear Padders in your lovely bar xxxxxxx

Just now, Lizzie b said:

Stop scaremongering, it’s ridiculous, nothing’s going to happen is it ?  In the 1970’s with the troubles in the six counties, nothing happened in Sheffield, don’t demonise minorities, I’ve been a minority in Sheffield,because of my religion and because my mum is Irish, well I’ve never caused any trouble nor have my siblings, but I have come into contact with predudice throughout my life, but hey, I was brought up in Sheffield from the age of two, and Sheffield is a very tolerant and welcoming city, I’m proud to say as  a 58 year old woman, I bloody love it here !!!  Another glass of white wine please,  my dear Padders in your lovely bar xxxxxxx

My bold

Well let's hope it stays that way.

We are living in dangerous times though so who knows eh. 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Well let's hope it stays that way.

We are living in dangerous times though so who knows eh. 

It’s divide and rule, they want you to be scared and distrust minorities, believe me, I’ve been on the receiving end of predudice throughout my life,it hurts, but I’ve found genuine people get you through 

5 minutes ago, Lizzie b said:

It’s divide and rule, they want you to be scared and distrust minorities, believe me, I’ve been on the receiving end of predudice throughout my life,it hurts, but I’ve found genuine people get you through 

My bold

I know it's divide and rule. Minorities are simply the latest boogeyman. Having said that a lot of people are worried about the massive numbers of righting age men who are entering our country illegally. 

You don't think people have the right to be worried?

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I know it's divide and rule. Minorities are simply the latest boogeyman. Having said that a lot of people are worried about the massive numbers of righting age men who are entering our country illegally. 

The lefties call it colonisation

It's a bad thing apparently

But only when white Christians or Jews do it 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Well how many people were terrified about the number of Irish people coming over to the UK from the 1800’s to the present day? Oh yes we had two heads with horns , my husbands family thought that of me, how d’you think I felt ? A 17 year old self conscious girl, about her weight, and I had acne  when his family commented about, well maybe people at large should maybe get to know people from different walks of life, instead of tarring people with the same bush, it hurts believe me

4 minutes ago, Lizzie b said:

Well how many people were terrified about the number of Irish people coming over to the UK from the 1800’s to the present day? Oh yes we had two heads with horns , my husbands family thought that of me, how d’you think I felt ? A 17 year old self conscious girl, about her weight, and I had acne  when his family commented about, well maybe people at large should maybe get to know people from different walks of life, instead of tarring people with the same bush, it hurts believe me

My bold

The current migrant issue is very different to that. Really the two situations are not comparable in my opinion 

My bold

The current migrant issue is very different to that. Really the two situations are not comparable in my opinion 

My bold

Come on , it’s distrust and fear about minorities, because people don’t understand differences, I still maintain its divides d rule, to keep the population infearof what is different, if you’ve ever been a minority, you can relate to this, as I have