Stack Sheffield

Just now, hackey lad said:

You must be on the wind up now .

Why? It's a concept that works well in other cities. Spark in York, for example.

This one is a by a private operator with a track record of successful container developments. And losing that ratty bit of space between O2 and Odeon isn't anything to cry about, and this style of construction will look better in that setting than next to the Town Hall.

Why would you not see this privately funded and operated investment by an established operator into our city as a positive thing?

• Like 1

is this the one i wrote about and everyone said they had no business ect? thay said the company was not  of any proven record ,and i said they were asking first then putting it all together with a big funder,well it sounds good to me .

Edited by bassett one

9 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Pedestrian entrance? Dunno. 

Vehicle entrance from Arundel Gate is the other side of O2.

You're right. I'd misplaced the space in my head. 

Either way looking at the overhead map I don't see how they're going to put anything in that space due to fire regs.  Large population venues like the O2 have to have a substantial fire exit route to avoid funnelling and slowing the evacuation of the building which is exactly what that open space provides. 

Fill it with containers and no more space. 

Plus the O2 is currently closed to to the concrete investigations. I doubt the extra weight is going to help.