Taxi Route From Broomhill To The Crucible Theatre

My visits to the city centre are few, so I was totally amazed at the route taken by taxi to get from Broomhill to the Crucible theatre on 21 October.  What is happening in the West Bar area? There are a lot of barriers. We got there eventually, approaching from the Wicker, but I wondered what would have been a shorter route.   

On 22/10/2023 at 09:28, florence kat said:

My visits to the city centre are few, so I was totally amazed at the route taken by taxi to get from Broomhill to the Crucible theatre on 21 October.  What is happening in the West Bar area? There are a lot of barriers. We got there eventually, approaching from the Wicker, but I wondered what would have been a shorter route.   

Go straight down Witham Road, Western Bank, Brook Hill, left on Mappin Street, Left On West Street, Right down Westfield Terrace, Right past Pound Park on to Furnival Gate and left along Eyre Street to Crucible

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Go straight down Witham Road, Western Bank, Brook Hill, left on Mappin Street, Left On West Street, Right down Westfield Terrace, Right past Pound Park on to Furnival Gate and left along Eyre Street to Crucible

Go straight down  Glossop Road to West Street .Right down (Westfield Terrace, is ONE WAY) Carver Street, Right on to Division Street, Left past Pound Park on to Furnival Gate and left along Eyre Street.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

6 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Since no one else has answered....

Big redevelopment plans... that's what's happening :)

https://westbar.co.uk/masterplan-vision/

Yes, though I wonder if the barriers florence cat has seen are actually the grey-to-green works going on along Tenter Sreet between Rockingham St and the west bar roundabout? There are also some on the ring road at the Gibraltar St and Corporation St junctions.

• Like 1