Well Done Lads - It's Official

Men are officially better than women...a man has beaten 5 billion women to win woman of the year.

Well done lads 👍

Gay lifestyle magazine Attitude is facing backlash after naming transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney as its 'Woman of the Year.'

The US TikTok star, who documented her transition on the video sharing platform last year, accepted the title this week at the Virgin Atlantic sponsored awards bash in London.

But critics slammed the decision, accusing the awards of 'gaslighting women everywhere' with prominent feminist campaigner Maya Forstater calling it an 'insult.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12626659/Campaigners-fury-transgender-influencer-Dylan-Mulvaney-wins-Attitude-magazines-Woman-Year-critics-accuse-awards-gaslighting-women-everywhere.html

• Haha 1

Absolutely top clickbait trolling though, and consequently extremely effective at highlighting the gaslighting misogyny of the magazine.  Trebles all round!

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I didn't realise that the thoughts and opinions of the magazine Attitude carried so much power and influence.

This award says otherwise...

This is the best women in the world this year 

76454737-12626659-Second_look_At_one_poi

Edited by Jack Grey

9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

This award says otherwise...

No it doesn't!

I've been down Dempseys loads of times and seen drag queen contestants referred to as 'she' and 'her'. Should I take that as evidence as men insulting women, and conflate it as evidence of some national trend?

I don't know for sure, but I bet that you've never posted anything from Attitude as evidence of anything before. Instead, you're simply regurgitating culture war nonsense of the Daily Mail to annoy their readers.

There is absolutely a serious debate to be had about violence against women, the chronic lack of homes for battered women escaping violent relationships, the constant pushing of a 'female ideal' which is unattainable, and the challenge that self identification brings. Do the Daily Mail, or yourself highlight these issues on a frequent basis?

No. So until you do, I'll take your pleading as disingenuous nonsense.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1