Well Done Lads - It's Official

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

... There is absolutely a serious debate to be had about violence against women, the chronic lack of homes for battered women escaping violent relationships, the constant pushing of a 'female ideal' which is unattainable...

Wouldn't it have been refreshing to have had Attitude championing a strong lesbian who'd worked hard for one of those causes, rather than highlighting and awarding someone famous for being TikTok famous while promoting fluffy, regressive feminine stereotypes of 'girlhood'?  And for good measure doing so while demonstrating just exactly how unobtainable is that 'female ideal' with a cover that has photoshop doing some extremely heavy lifting in order to promote that notion of the pretty, frothy ideal female.

45 minutes ago, Mister M said:

No it doesn't!

I've been down Dempseys loads of times and seen drag queen contestants referred to as 'she' and 'her'. Should I take that as evidence as men insulting women, and conflate it as evidence of some national trend?

I don't know for sure, but I bet that you've never posted anything from Attitude as evidence of anything before. Instead, you're simply regurgitating culture war nonsense of the Daily Mail to annoy their readers.

There is absolutely a serious debate to be had about violence against women, the chronic lack of homes for battered women escaping violent relationships, the constant pushing of a 'female ideal' which is unattainable, and the challenge that self identification brings. Do the Daily Mail, or yourself highlight these issues on a frequent basis?

No. So until you do, I'll take your pleading as disingenuous nonsense.

So a man wins woman of the year and your outraged at me? 

All I did was highlight some news ...I didn't invent it

Just sums up the left really

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Which in turn sums up and the far right who search far and wide to find something to get indignant about.

Is that really news.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Which in turn sums up and the far right who search far and wide to find something to get indignant about.

Is that really news.

This story is international headline news 

I didn't have to search for it 

All you've done is highlight your misogyny to everyone on this forum 

48 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Wouldn't it have been refreshing to have had Attitude championing a strong lesbian who'd worked hard for one of those causes, rather than highlighting and awarding someone famous for being TikTok famous while promoting fluffy, regressive feminine stereotypes of 'girlhood'?  And for good measure doing so while demonstrating just exactly how unobtainable is that 'female ideal' with a cover that has photoshop doing some extremely heavy lifting in order to promote that notion of the pretty, frothy ideal female.

Agreed. 

38 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm not outraged. I think I'd be in more shock if you'd have pointed out the hypocrisy of the Daily Mail.

Your post on this issue is in keeping with pretty much the rest of your posts on here.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

... All you've done is highlight your misogyny to everyone on this forum 

Look at Jack here, the little rad fem scamp, terfing away like he's Julie Bindel :hihi: .

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm not outraged. I think I'd be in more shock if you'd have pointed out the hypocrisy of the Daily Mail.

Your post on this issue is in keeping with pretty much the rest of your posts on here.

I'm sorry I forgot you only get your news from media that doesn't hurt your feelings 🙄

Heres the story in The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/13/us-tiktok-trans-activist-woman-of-the-year-award-bud-light-boycott

• Haha 1