Well Done Lads - It's Official

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

If that was Trump doing blackface youd be foaming at the mouth and creaming in your pants 

You wouldn't shut up about it 

I wasn't even responding to the photo of the 'blackface', but to the one of the drag queen, as that is the one which is germane to this thread 

But by all means feel free to engage in suppositions about what supporters of the left would and should say to any stimulus, without acknowledging other supporters  of your own political ideology have and do say on the matter 👍

3 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Progressives excoriate transgressors from all over the political spectrum if, for example, they're found to have said something daft on Twitter ten years ago.  The only difference is the degree of subsequent masochistic public humiliation, self-flagellation and repentance.

Yes, we see a lot of that, here on SF!  :)

9 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Never heard of her!

Was she fat, ugly and jealous?

Then that just shows your ignorance. She was a well known Labour MP, Minister and feminist.

Her physical appearance is nothing to do with the issue of page 3 girls, but the insults were everything to do with trying to shut someone up for daring to challenge the gutter press 

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Then that just shows your ignorance. She was a well known Labour MP, Minister and feminist.

Her physical appearance is nothing to do with the issue of page 3 girls, but the insults were everything to do with trying to shut someone up for daring to challenge the gutter press 

What did she find wrong with a newspaper celebrating the natural beauty of women, or for that matter, men?

BIOG-21-arafat-clare-short-2-300x212.jpg

Is she Muslim, like Yasser Arafat?

That would explain a lot!

38 minutes ago, Hecate said:

You know that's bobbins.  Those photos of Trudeau were roundly criticised by all sides, even when their age and associated shift in cultural norms over the intervening twenty-odd years were taken into account.  Progressives excoriate transgressors from all over the political spectrum if, for example, they're found to have said something daft on Twitter ten years ago.  The only difference is the degree of subsequent masochistic public humiliation, self-flagellation and repentance.

So the terms 'coconut' and 'Uncle Tom' aren't racial slurs for black people with more conservative views?

Personally, I couldn't care less about if someone 'blackfaces'... my issue is when transgressions are only highlighted by one side for the sake of social justice.

Using racial slurs is either wrong, or open to everyone - you can't pick and choose.

Edited by leviathan13

People should be able to live however they want to live and someone wants to be called Her and Dorothy then that's fine by me.

Whatever makes them happy.

And if a gay magazine wants to award Woman of the Year to a man then that's up to them. If people don't like it then don't buy their magazine.

But there are a few things I will not go along with.

I refuse to call someone 'They'

I refuse to acknowledge that someone is a 'Cat' or a 'Unicorn'

I don't not agree with trans women who have male genitals to be allowed in women's spaces including prisons

I don't not agree with biological men participating in women's sports

I do not agree with children under the age of 18 to have any gender reassignment in any form 

But most importantly I do not believe that Q & T should be associated with the LGBTQ community

Because LGB is about sex and QT is about gender identity

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trastrick said:

What did she find wrong with a newspaper celebrating the natural beauty of women, or for that matter, men?

BIOG-21-arafat-clare-short-2-300x212.jpg

Is she Muslim, like Yasser Arafat?

That would explain a lot!

Instead of people trying to advance the debate on this thread in good faith, why don't you try educating yourself first.

You will appear less stupid.

• Like 1