Curing A Cold.

54 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Enjoyed reading this thread some of the posts are funny.

It's not funny from where I'm sniffling,

I come on here looking for a bit of sympathy, and receive a barrage of ridicule and tittering.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Padders said:

I come on here looking for a bit of sympathy, and receive a barrage of ridicule and tittering.

Oh Padders , tell you what , wrap up warm , with a nice hot drink & a large box of tissues & wipe cream on your what will be a very nice red nose mate 😆

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I hope you feel better soon.  You don’t sound as though you’ve lost your appetite, 2 Greggs sausage rolls and a tin of baked beans that’s a good sign, they do say you should feed a cold tho.  
Make sure you have plenty of hot drinks to flush the cold out, I like Ribena with hot water when I have a cold. Hopefully you will be feeling a lot better by the weekend.

How’s that for a bit of sympathy?

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Sounds like 'Man Flu' mate. Evil illness, that only gets...erm...men! No, you haven't got that ;) 

• Like 1

My main gripe is, why have they not developed a cure?

Back in 1999 British researchers worked out a way to stop the viruses infiltrating the human nose, by the use of a test tube.

But when it came to replicating the test in the human hooter, they gave up.

I'm beginning to wonder if these sort of scientists are now being swallowed up by the exciting and glamourous green movement.

Perhaps they are thinking that rather than spend their lives in a chilly lab surrounded by a pot of viruses for company, they'd be a lot happier sitting on an ice flow off the coast of Canada watching bloody Polar bears.

They given up on finding a cure for the common cold, they've gone off with Greenpeace to drive rubber boats at high speed around Icelandic whaling ships.

Meanwhile, I continue to suffer with this deadly runny nose.

Well, what a lovely morning.

It's a great to be alive morning, and my runny nose has disappeared.

No thanks to the Forum boffins, I've defied medical science, I'm super-human.

Mere mortals would have been confined to their boudoir for days on end, but not me, I've beaten the odds, and I'm fighting fit again.

• Haha 1