Wednesday Fined £50,000.

Alextopman

25 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Yep an assault did take place due to his reckless behaviour.

Just because he wasn't apprehended doesn't make it untrue.

Hundreds committed an offence that night without prosecution.

You're just unwilling to accept that because I posted it, Childish but true.

Are you saying he wasn't reckless whilst he was breaking the law?.

Nothing childish on my part …but you’ve no proof old lad….you can say an assault was carried out as much as you like …but, he was neither apprehended or sought by either the club or SY Police …what does that tell you ? ….it tells you no offence was committed….dems the facts

Just now, Sheridan1-0 said:

Nothing childish on my part …but you’ve no proof old lad….you can say an assault was carried out as much as you like …but, he was neither apprehended or sought by either the club or SY Police …what does that tell you ? ….it tells you no offence was committed….dems the facts

So by your logic no one broke the law that night.

I do notice there's a six page thread on the subject with no comment from yourself.

Yep very odd.

Are you saying he didn't break the Law and wasn't reckless?.

Stop avoiding the question.

3 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

So by your logic no one broke the law that night.

I do notice there's a six page thread on the subject with no comment from yourself.

Yep very odd.

Are you saying he didn't break the Law and wasn't reckless?.

Stop avoiding the question.

I’m not avoiding any questions & don’t change the subject….I’m asking you to prove that an assault was carried out on an official as you’ve said a number of times in this thread & surprise surprise…you can’t…..

There’s a difference between running onto a pitch to celebrate a momentous win & carrying out an assault….as well you know…but hey,he’s a Wednesdayite & so am I ..so you’d stop here & argue it out all night won’t you …😂

11 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I’m not avoiding any questions & don’t change the subject….I’m asking you to prove that an assault was carried out on an official as you’ve said a number of times in this thread & surprise surprise…you can’t…..

There’s a difference between running onto a pitch to celebrate a momentous win & carrying out an assault….as well you know…but hey,he’s a Wednesdayite & so am I ..so you’d stop here & argue it out all night won’t you …😂

Although the assault was accidental and unintended if the persons actions are considered reckless then it is assault.

By your logic the people on the pitch were not breaking the law because they weren't charged.

You can't have it both ways.

Do you think running on the pitch breaking the law to be reckless?.

Or are you sticking to if no one is charged no law is broken?.

I haven't changed any subject I'm replying to your tantrum.

Assault is defined as intentional or reckless harm towards an individual, and is charged as common assault, ABH or GBH depending on the severity. This will depend upon a number of specifics such as motivating factors and level of injury – common assault tends to cause minor injury or passing discomfort while GBH is severely detrimental to long-term health. The maximum sentence for ABH is three years’ imprisonment, while the maximum sentence for GBH can be life imprisonment.

Edited by Alextopman

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Although the assault was accidental and unintended if the persons actions are considered reckless then it is assault.

By your logic the people on the pitch were not breaking the law because they weren't charged.

I'm not the one who came on the thread ranting  and you're still at it.

You probably argue with the bloke in the mirror when you shave.

Assault is defined as intentional or reckless harm towards an individual, and is charged as common assault, ABH or GBH depending on the severity. This will depend upon a number of specifics such as motivating factors and level of injury – common assault tends to cause minor injury or passing discomfort while GBH is severely detrimental to long-term health. The maximum sentence for ABH is three years’ imprisonment, while the maximum sentence for GBH can be life imprisonment.

23 hours ago, m williamson said:

I was at the match and the only one I saw on the pitch was a Man U fan. Apparently a Blade was stood at the side of the pitch having a go at one of the Manchester players for time wasting but I didn't see that.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-man-united-supporters-27966083

Hell not reply Pal, your not me.😂.

11 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

EFL rules were broken…no law was broken..& the club have been punished…

For the authorities to charge thousands of individuals for running onto a pitch wouldn’t be possible in both time & effort involved in pursuing it ….but you know that don’t you …

For the authority to charge one person for assault..reckless or otherwise is a lot easier for them to pursue….but they haven’t  …& you know that as well don’t you…

No tantrum from me ….quite the opposite ….you on the other hand won’t let it drop…

1 minute ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

EFL rules were broken…no law was broken..& the club have been punished…

For the authorities to charge thousands of individuals for running onto a pitch wouldn’t be possible in both time & effort involved in pursuing it ….but you know that don’t you …

For the authority to charge one person for assault..reckless or otherwise is a lot easier for them to pursue….but they haven’t  …& you know that as well don’t you…

No tantrum from me ….quite the opposite ….you on the other hand won’t let it drop…

I won't let it drop he says😏.

Was running on the pitch reckless?.

I think you'll find the law was broken.

Football related offences (Revised 2017) – Sentencing (sentencingcouncil.org.uk)

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Running on the pitch to celebrate breaks the law in it's own right.... just saying like.....🤣🤣

Soooo the bloke who cobbled the linesman had already broken the law by being on the football pitch... kind of flaws your argument.

The Football (Offences) Act 1991 states: “It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).”

Edited by Monkesreturn

1 hour ago, owl.66 said:

Nowt changeson here, life still goes on & same old foe fighting on 😊

Nice contribution to the thread ….well done

22 minutes ago, Monkesreturn said:

Running on the pitch to celebrate breaks the law in it's own right.... just saying like.....🤣🤣

Soooo the bloke who cobbled the linesman had already broken the law by being on the football pitch... kind of flaws your argument.

The Football (Offences) Act 1991 states: “It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).”

I stand corrected…running onto the pitch breaks the law …

& The bloke who ran into the linesman …has, with thousands of others  broken the law by being on the pitch  ….but he didn’t assault the linesman which is what I’ve been telling old misery guts all afternoon …

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

I won't let it drop he says😏.

Was running on the pitch reckless?.

I think you'll find the law was broken.

Football related offences (Revised 2017) – Sentencing (sentencingcouncil.org.uk)

Glad to see you admit to not letting it drop 😂

Edited by Sheridan1-0