Are My Emails Going Somewhere Else?

florence kat

I was hacked yesterday, and have since changed my password.  I find my emails in slight disarray (i.e. Inbox stuff landed in Trash, though I didn't put it there etc) but I am not sure that any new emails are now coming into my Inbox.  A little notice near the top of the screen tells me that my Auto-Forward settings were changed and that my email messages are now forwarded to xxxxxx@outlook.com, whereas my email address was previously @btinternet.com.  The notice tells me I can change this by going to setting - mail - autoforward.   Can someone explain this please?

Edited by florence kat
missing letter

You need to turn off forwarding and change your passwords urgently. Typically after forwarding your emails to another address the hacker will then start doing 'forgotten password' requests for any other accounts you have and before you know it you will have lost access to the accounts.

• Like 2