Gooners V Dem Blades

Baron99

After weathering a very early Arsenal onslaught, we actually had a spell in the first half. Let's not kid ourselves, we didn't dominate or cause major problem, but we did create a couple of chances going forwards on our own merit.

The first goal was a silly one to give away... Trusty pushes Nketiah away before the ball comes in. This actually creates the space for the ball to be played in to him and the rest is history.

Arsenal didn't really need to go through the gears. Declan Rice was literally the colonel as such.... he dictated the game and allowed the quality around him to muller us.

At 2 down we were completely deflated and downed tools.... no excuses what so ever. I do believe that we have more quality about us becaise we show glimpses, but for whatever reason it isn't consistent and the levels of effort just aren't there.

We need someone or something to breath positivity into us.

7 minutes ago, Monkesreturn said:

We need someone or something to breath positivity into us.

Oh, I think we've plenty of positivity, all of us are positive we're going down.  The Owls have gone 13 games without a win, we've gone 10.

All we can say is " Only 13?  Hold my beer. "

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Oh, I think we've plenty of positivity, all of us are positive we're going down.  The Owls have gone 13 games without a win, we've gone 10.

All we can say is " Only 13?  Hold my beer. "

If we go down, then we go down. I feel we set ourselves up nicely for an uphill battle in the summer.... Whilst a bit of quality was added, a great deal more was required to replace the dead wood.

One thing I won't settle for though is a lack of fight!

These luxury teams are better than us and hold a depth of quality, we are going to be under the cosh week in, week out.... But we need to have grit and battle! It was all too easy to drop heads and admit defeat.... Players should be trying to prove themselves as able to compete in this league. There is no grit and determination.... I won't settle for that!... If we get beat by quality so be it, but we have to go down fighting.

Edited by Monkesreturn
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Monkesreturn said:

If we go down, then we go down. I feel we set ourselves up nicely for an uphill battle in the summer.... Whilst a bit of quality was added, a great deal more was required to replace the dead wood.

One thing I won't settle for though is a lack of fight!

These luxury teams are better than us and hold a depth of quality, we are going to be under the cosh week in, week out.... But we need to have grit and battle! It was all too easy to drop heads and admit defeat.... Players should be trying to prove themselves as able to compete in this league. There is no grit and determination.... I won't settle for that!... If we get beat by quality so be it, but we have to go down fighting.

My bold. 

I've watched the Blades this morning on MOTD, while listening to last night's Praise and Grumble with Carl Asaba giving his views. 

Asaba pretty much said exactly as you've stated (in bold) Monkesreturn.  He said the Blades squad he was in was no where near as talented than the current squad but they did have a hunger & fight in order to get the job done, something lacking in the current team.  He also stated, without naming names, that some Blades players need to take a long hard look at themselves. 

Fulham went full on, do or die, against Arsenal the other week & got a draw.  From what I saw on MOTD this morning, we just rolled over. 

Edited by Baron99

Norwood may have been a servant at the club, but I feel that he is now at the latter end of his career and the level of the Premier League is now too much for him. I'm not saying get shut... throw him on the bench perhaps as he may have a role in containing play as a later sub perhaps.

The recruitment of hungry, younger players serves well for the future... however the overall direction in the summer has left us crying out for older, more physical and dictating players this season...As said above, we desperately lack leadership on the pitch.... there is no hunger or passion. At 2-0 down, you expect to see players being extremely vocal, showing emotion and i'm not totally against shouting at one and other...because it shows that they give a toss.... we have none of that! Heads simply drop and communication disappears.