Another Shooting In America - 20 Dead.

One of the arguments for Americans being able to carry guns is so they can defend themselves against other people with guns. So how come every time something like this happens, the gunman isn't shot dead by all these brave Second Amendment adherents, but they all just call 911 instead? What percentage of these mad gunmen are shot and stopped by their fellow arms-bearing citizens? Because as far as I can tell it's close to zero.

20 minutes ago, trastrick said:

This is happening in Biden's America. the "buck stops here" guy.

(But don't tell anybody!  :) )

It's true, he should be able to introduce sensible measures to address at least some of these occurrences...

...one wonders who, and which party primarily, keeps objecting to them?

For a smidgeon of balance:

Among many events during Trumps term, 58 people were killed at a concert in Las Vegas, 25 people were killed at a church in Texas, 17 people were killed at a school in Parkland, 12 were killed at a country-western bar in California, 22 people were killed at a Walmart in El Paso and 9 were killed at a bar in Dayton. 

Trumps response to these tragedies:

Objected to background checks on all gun sales.

Reversed support for red flag laws.

Endorsed access to downloadable guns.

Reversed Obama-era rules, making it possible for people suffering from severe mental illness to buy guns.

Repeatedly caved to the NRA, on every issue.

Edited by Magilla

5 hours ago, Magilla said:

I'd love to see your evidence for that.

Irony, given your many desperate and pathetic attempts to do precisely that, when it's anything you perceive as even vaguely  "left"? 🤣

Exactly so. Staggering hypocrisy or lack of self awareness? I wonder.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

Exactly so. Staggering hypocrisy or lack of self awareness? I wonder.

What's "staggering" hypocrisy and lack of self awareness is shown by those who blame TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP for every crisis the world  has, war after war, energy crisis after energy crisis, crime, soaring inflation,  and give a pass to the folks who are actually getting paid to do the job!  :)

Mentally deficient, brainwashed, or what?

What do you think?

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

Does it though? Most of the gun violence takes place in the states with the strictest gun laws. If you outlawed guns completely then criminals and psychopaths would still get their hands on them, as there's already more guns than people in the US. All you'd be doing is disarming law-abiding citizens who wouldn't be able to defend themselves. If this incident had happened in Texas then a member of the public would have dropped the guy as soon as he started firing.

Yeah, sure.  What would REALLY have happened is possibly one gun toting redneck would have had a go then there would have been TWO live shooters out there causing utter confusion

20 minutes ago, trastrick said:

What's "staggering" hypocrisy and lack of self awareness is shown by those who blame TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP for every crisis the world  has, war after war, energy crisis after energy crisis, crime, soaring inflation,  and give a pass to the folks who are actually getting paid to do the job!  :)

What do you think?

I think you've missed the fact that the mention of Trump's inaction was in direct response to the mention of Biden, which you haven't challenged for some reason.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

I think you've missed the fact that the mention of Trump's inaction was in direct response to the mention of Biden, which you haven't challenged for some reason.

Trump has no power to do anything at the moment. It's Biden's job, remember?  :)

I think it can be explained by the religious/cult mentality.

When the local pastors deflower the daughters and molest the sons of the their flock of followers, they all place the blame on Satan.

They NEED a Satan, to absolve them of having to face any personal responsibility for their poor choices.

Think there's any validity in that? Some people who have studied the phenomena do.

Edited by trastrick

58 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Yawn...

...Trump, and Republicans, do have some culpability here.

He refused to sign the H.R. 8 bill, bipartisan legislation passed by the House of Representatives and supported by 93% of American voters.

He did reverse the Obama-era rules for mental illness checks for gun purchases.

You could argue it's Bidens fault they haven't been restored, but again... who's blocking him doing that? 🙄

58 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Able to read? 🤣

37 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

It's called "got nothing"! 🤣

32 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Trump has no power to do anything at the moment. It's Biden's job, remember?  :)

It's perfectly valid to compare and contrast with the efforts of the previous incumbent.

I can understand your reluctance to discuss, given those efforts were none existent and went in the opposite direction! 🤣 

When he had the power, and it was his job... like in so many other instances... didn't do it! 🙄

For the reasons highlighted, if Biden did *nothing* whatsoever, it'd still be better than exacerbating the problem.. as Trump did during his tenure.

The central irony, "the buck stops here", I mean... as a Trump fan-boy, aren't you embarrassed given Trump has shown, time and again, he has no concept of what that means? 🤣

Edited by Magilla

Update!

Boston Herald

"LEWISTON, Maine — Thousands of Mainers were still under lockdown orders Friday morning as law enforcement entered their second full day searching for a 40-year-old man suspected of committing a pair of mass shootings here".