Support For Two Sacked Met Police Officers

32 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Have you not noticed the spate of gun violence in Liverpool over the last year, with children and innocent adults being killed - by white men? How have you missed that? 

Anyway, do you therefore think that it would be reasonable for, say, a white male solicitor or dentist to be stopped and searched on their way to and from work? How about if that kept happening, despite no known link between that person and the organised criminals? Is that ok?

It would be incredibly frustrating.

I drive a UK registered vehicle mainly around Eastern Europe and I routinely get pulled over to have my documents checked. On more than one occasion the cops have been very harsh but I understand why they check because many ex pats or tourists have incorrect documents. My frustration is with them, not the cops. 

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Another poster has stated “However, the panel found it not proven that PC Clapham and PC Franks breached the standards of professional behaviour in respect of equality and diversity “ 

If it is not proven then they are by default  innocent of any wrongdoing.  The reason why the funding page has received such a huge amount of donations is because normal respectable honest folk believe the sacking is unfair.

The other poster you refer to posted a quote from the article linked to on the first page. That article also contains "On Wednesday, a disciplinary hearing found the behaviour of PC Jonathan Clapham and PC Sam Franks amounted to gross misconduct after they lied about smelling cannabis during the stop and search."

So they are not by any stretch of the imagination "innocent of any wrongdoing" as you put it. "Normal respectable honest folk" don't believe the police should tell lies in order to provide an excuse to arrest people.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, altus said:

The other poster you refer to posted a quote from the article linked to on the first page. That article also contains "On Wednesday, a disciplinary hearing found the behaviour of PC Jonathan Clapham and PC Sam Franks amounted to gross misconduct after they lied about smelling cannabis during the stop and search."

So they are not by any stretch of the imagination "innocent of any wrongdoing" as you put it. "Normal respectable honest folk" don't believe the police should tell lies in order to provide an excuse to arrest people.

"Normal respectable honest folk" is another one of those phrases which West77 used, which alerted me to the fact that West77 and Axe are indeed the same person.

Typically he uses it to justify any malfeasance he sees fit. 

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

"Normal respectable honest folk" is another one of those phrases which West77 used, which alerted me to the fact that West77 and Axe are indeed the same person.

Typically he uses it to justify any malfeasance he sees fit. 

I pointed out to him shortly after he came back under a new name that returnees almost always give themselves away by their use of language. It's incredibly difficult to pretend to be a new persona without letting the old one slip though.

• Like 2

There is wider context to the sacking of the 2 police officers.

About 24 years ago Sir William McPherson found that the Met Police were "institutionally racist".

Earlier this year Baroness Louise Casey found the Met Police to be "institutionally racist, misogynistic and homophobic".

Met police found to be institutionally racist, misogynistic and homophobic | Metropolitan police | The Guardian

These reports followed a huge amount of evidence of some of the Met's behaviour towards members of the public, and it's behaviour towards its own staff from minority communities.

Which is not to say that all officers from the Met behave in this way. Many are a credit, and behave with integrity.

If crime is to be tackled, which I assume is what we all want, then the police have to be able to have the confidence of the public. If they behave in ways which are contrary to their own guidelines, which alienate members of the public, then the public are less likely to engage with them, and therefore crime will rise.

The relatively new Met Police Chief Mark Rowley has acknowledged that many of his own officer's behaviour have fallen way below what is expected of them, and said he is committed to rooting out those who do fall well below:

Sir Mark Rowley: Cancer at Met Police still needs cutting out - BBC News

Edited by Mister M

This all goes to show how very difficult it is going to be to clean up our police force.

Here we have officers found guilty of gross professional misconduct and dismissed from service. Yet we also have members of the public bankrolling them and offering sympathy. In addition, we have the usual suspects on here backing them too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

It would be incredibly frustrating.

I drive a UK registered vehicle mainly around Eastern Europe and I routinely get pulled over to have my documents checked. On more than one occasion the cops have been very harsh but I understand why they check because many ex pats or tourists have incorrect documents. My frustration is with them, not the cops. 

What if the solicitor or dentist protested that they had a meeting to go to or a client to see, and that was deemed to be 'not cooperating' and they were handcuffed and taken to the police station but released without charge or being arrested. Would that be ok? What if this happened to the same person more than once despite them having no involvement with criminals. How do you think they would feel?

13 minutes ago, Delbow said:

What if the solicitor or dentist protested that they had a meeting to go to or a client to see, and that was deemed to be 'not cooperating' and they were handcuffed and taken to the police station but released without charge or being arrested. Would that be ok? What if this happened to the same person more than once despite them having no involvement with criminals. How do you think they would feel?

Same as my previous answer.

Frustrated, but understanding of the reasons why.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Same as my previous answer.

Frustrated, but understanding of the reasons why.

And supposing you and your family lived in Eastern Europe, along with other English people who were mocked because of their background, were subject to bigoted 'jokes', saw that other English people were more likely to be discriminated against in the country's health and education system, and were more likely to die in police custody than your Eastern European counterparts?