Support For Two Sacked Met Police Officers

6 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Yes . reckless driving usually resorts to police  just pulling you  over, not manhandling and handcuffing.

The way some people respond when they are stopped is their own fault. Two sides to every situation.

52 minutes ago, Mister M said:

And supposing you and your family lived in Eastern Europe, along with other English people who were mocked because of their background, were subject to bigoted 'jokes', saw that other English people were more likely to be discriminated against in the country's health and education system, and were more likely to die in police custody than your Eastern European counterparts?

English folk are mocked and discriminated because of our reputation of being loud mouthed boozers, and you know why....it's because it's true.

👍

Edited by Al Bundy

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

English folk are mocked and discriminated because of our reputation of being loud mouthed boozers, and you know why....it's because it's true.

👍

Some English people are, the vast majority aren't.

But your analogy breaks down because there are little to no consequences for us with regards to that stereotype.

If I didn't think that your frequent rants about racism and sexism were disingenuous on your 'Guardian' thread, your response here confirms it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Some English people are, the vast majority aren't.

But your analogy breaks down because there are little to no consequences for us with regards to that stereotype.

If I didn't think that your frequent rants about racism and sexism were disingenuous on your 'Guardian' thread, your response here confirms it.

Wrong.

And ok,

Edited by Al Bundy

For thirty three years I worked in a business that had daily contact with the police. I had meetings with and got to know police officers from Aberdeen to Plymouth and from Liverpool to Hull. I knew numerous South Yorkshire coppers very well.

I still count a few ex cops as friends to this day, and have to say that generally speaking they are to a man and a woman good people. They also carry out a vital job which the general public rely upon. Without their presence it would be total mayhem and the scum would rule.

Having said which, over the years I was told some absolutely horrendous stories about some of the antics their less honourable colleagues got up to.

It was acknowledged as a fact by many cops I knew that the Met was institutionally corrupt, in addition to being institutionally racist. 

The one thing that I have trouble with in regard to their actions is that when problems happen they stick together, right or wrong.  In fairness that is understandable, many ordinary members of the public have little respect for the police and they feel a bit beleaguered. That is a serious problem and one of the reasons why coverups happen.

How to resolve the problem?  I have no idea whatsoever, what I do know is that we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush. The majority are on our side. Unfortunately, the minority can cause serious consequences to innocent people.

On 28/10/2023 at 15:12, Axe said:

If it is not proven then they are by default  innocent of any wrongdoing.  The reason why the funding page has received such a huge amount of donations is because normal respectable honest folk believe the sacking is unfair.

I'm normal, respectable and very honest and I believe their sacking was just and fair.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 00:06, m williamson said:

For thirty three years I worked in a business that had daily contact with the police. I had meetings with and got to know police officers from Aberdeen to Plymouth and from Liverpool to Hull. I knew numerous South Yorkshire coppers very well.

I still count a few ex cops as friends to this day, and have to say that generally speaking they are to a man and a woman good people. They also carry out a vital job which the general public rely upon. Without their presence it would be total mayhem and the scum would rule.

Having said which, over the years I was told some absolutely horrendous stories about some of the antics their less honourable colleagues got up to.

It was acknowledged as a fact by many cops I knew that the Met was institutionally corrupt, in addition to being institutionally racist. 

The one thing that I have trouble with in regard to their actions is that when problems happen they stick together, right or wrong.  In fairness that is understandable, many ordinary members of the public have little respect for the police and they feel a bit beleaguered. That is a serious problem and one of the reasons why coverups happen.

How to resolve the problem?  I have no idea whatsoever, what I do know is that we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush. The majority are on our side. Unfortunately, the minority can cause serious consequences to innocent people.

Enjoyed reading your post  and I agree with you.

• Like 1