Support For Two Sacked Met Police Officers

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Just goes to show there's people with more money than sense.

Quite so,  and the same contempt for rules as those two coppers had.

On 28/10/2023 at 16:58, altus said:

they lied about smelling cannabis during the stop and search

Does that mean that they stopped the car for no reason?

How was the car being driven?

I don't think we should ever stop people from donating money, there has been some weird fund raising causes.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I don't think we should ever stop people from donating money, there has been some weird fund raising causes.

Nobody's talking of stopping people donating money.  what people do with their own money is their own affair.

It just highlights the two different views of the coppers   -   some they they deserved the sack and others think not.

25 minutes ago, El Cid said:

If they lied about smelling cannabis, what else might they have lied about? It undermines all the other claims they made.

Nobody has suggested that.

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Just goes to show there's people with more money than sense.

No, it just goes to show there's thousands of people who believe the police officers have been treated unfairly.  I cannot recall any sacked police officers having similar public support.

51 minutes ago, Axe said:

No, it just goes to show there's thousands of people who believe the police officers have been treated unfairly.  I cannot recall any sacked police officers having similar public support.

How is it unfair to be sacked for gross misconduct, when they were found to have breached police standard of professional behaviour?

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Axe said:

If people wish to support them then that's fine,   there's nothing wrong in that,   and it's their own money.

But don't try to falsely  purport,   that the whole of the nation are behind them when they are not. 

Maybe,  if you really  want to judge the public mood,  you should compare how many thousands support these two men,   and how many millions don't.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

The two people involved seem to be reasonable human beings, Bianca Williams is a World Championships medallist and her partner Ricardo Dos Santos is a Portugal Olympic sprinter.

They were returning home after a training session, they were outside their home and had their three month old baby in the car. What exactly do you believe they did to justify being handcuffed and searched while separated from their baby?

Did the police accuse them of any action to justify that treatment?

Currently there are over 1,000 Metropolitan police officers suspended or on restricted duties for disciplinary offences.

https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-1-000-police-officers-suspended-or-on-restricted-duties-met-reveals-12964644

If you read my post at # 66 you will see that I've some experience of the police and I'm in no way anti cop.

However, in this instance it would appear that these two were guilty of nothing more than being young, black and driving a Mercedes.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Axe said:

An interesting development. Bianca Williams has been banned for driving and given 18 penalty points. She failed to cooperate with the police and say who was driving a car.  Hardly the actions of an honest respectable law abiding citizen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67613292

Neither were the actions of the 2 sacked police officers 🤭