Gbnews And The Poppy Apeal

1 hour ago, ads36 said:

it's a Dickens Reference.

to a character in Nicholas Nickleby : Mr Gregsbury.

(he is accused of being 'a Gammon' - and to be fair, he is : loud, opiniated, using claims of patriotism to deflect criticism, etc. it's all very recognisable)

So we're censoring the use of some historically racist language for being offensive, but allowing others as OK?

That seems a tad hypocritical...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

These are the people that kneel for the death of a known  violent drug user, but are happy for people to disrespect those who fought for our freedom because "free speech".

Perhaps you should explain  WHO  you are referring to,  WHEN  they knelt and  WHEN  and  WHERE  they disrespected anyone.

"  Gammons "  doesn't tell me anything.     it would be much easier to contribute if we knew who these people are and why they shouldn't be doing whatever it is.

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Perhaps you should explain  WHO  you are referring to,  WHEN  they knelt and  WHEN  and  WHERE  they disrespected anyone.

"  Gammons "  doesn't tell me anything.     it would be much easier to contribute if we knew who these people are and why they shouldn't be doing whatever it is.

Oh, I was just using the lefty tactic of generalising groups of people.

Chances are, someone using 'Gammon' as a racist slur is probably a BLM supporter and knelt when commanded. I wasn't commenting about an individual, just the type of person I perceived them to be.

Call it lazy posting, if you want, but what's good for the goose...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Oh, I was just using the lefty tactic of generalising groups of people.

Chances are, someone using 'Gammon' as a racist slur is probably a BLM supporter and knelt when commanded. I wasn't commenting about an individual, just the type of person I perceived them to be.

Call it lazy posting, if you want, but what's good for the goose...

OK thanks,   So you were just writing about nothing then,  as usual.

4 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I started this thread to highlight praise for a good cause and sadly it has gone the way of others.

Because, unfortunately, certain individuals can't or won't see good in anything positive, and have to twist it to their negative view on life. Sorry, harvey.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I started this thread to highlight praise for a good cause and sadly it has gone the way of others.

The poppy appeal has raised £2 billion since it started.

What is the money spent on?

Is the money needed these days?

We have the benefit system to look after people, the army personnel are reasonably well paid with a pension and compensation for injurries.

Billions is raised by various charities, you would think hardship was a thing of the past.

Why does it still exist?