Red Arrows : Latest Patronising 'Me Too' Story

3 hours ago, Hecate said:

Excellent!  Problem solved!  Just tell the blokes to stop.  Blimey.  You know what, I don't think anyone's thought of that before, let alone tried it, especially in a military-adjacent environment where such behaviour is endemic.  Perhaps someone should suggest that as a solution for other examples of bullying too.  Top job, Checkers! Shiny gold participation trophy for you: 🏆

I have known many women, strong women, in my time who would have done just that, and in such a way that it would, indeed, have stopped.

I get the impression you are  a feminist, surely you would approve of strong women sorting stuff out for themselves. Furthermore, would not a real feminist feel just a little uncomfortable with some women wanting other people to fight their battles for them and, bearing in mind we are not talking rape or assault here, wanting everything changed to suit their sensitivities ?

I wonder what Emily Pankhurst would have thought ?

To me this sort of stuff does the cause of feminism, real feminism, much harm.

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

Absolute Cobblers

I think you're trolling

We have already concluded you do not know the meaning of the word trolling, and it's not somebody saying stuff you don't agree with.....

Edited by Chekhov

10 hours ago, Mister M said:

I read the article and I didn't conclude that the women targeted were "weak and defenceless creatures", but that the men who displayed such behaviour were real arse holes.

The probability is that there are more men than women in the squadron, and more than likely felt intimidated by the number of men engaging in this behaviour. 

There have been numerous examples of harassment and bullying in our armed services, some of which have led to real mental distress and suicides. Let's not start victim blaming - it's just ugly. 

How many real strong women have you met ?

The ones I have met wouldn't be intimidated by anyone, and certainly not by a bit of dubious and insensitive office culture.

But really this just is yet another example of our rather pathetic modern society spiralling down to the level where even the most over sensitive, risk averse, irresponsible, and (frankly) brainless person could never ever get themselves in a situation where they might be upset or in any danger whatsoever. 

And everyone else has to have their lives changed to fit in with such people.....

So, basically, I do see them as being a bit weak and pathetic, which is surprising if they're in the forces.

If they are of course, are the women complaining in the forces or are they civilians ?

36 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The women who complained about their colleagues behaviour sound fine to me. It's the immature boys getting their nobs out and waving them that are obviously unsuited to being around others.

Obligatory smiley inserted regardless of the gravity of the subject matter 🤓

They are toxic and immature and probably will never grow up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

This toxic behaviour in the military cannot be allowed to stand.

Women should be protected from such harassment, and they are entitled to a safe, secure and supportive workplace as they go about the business of killing the Nation's enemies.

They also need training to assure that if they fall into the hands of the enemy they can withstand the hardships of being taken prisoner by such as radical Islamist terrorists, who may attempt to bully, or otherwise try to intimidate them especially if they are LGTB.

We need a National Enquiry into the root causes of this behaviour. And some assurance that toxic masculinity is identified and rooted out at the recruitment level.

And recruitment and promotion should focus on getting more women, minorities, and LGTB into the highest levels of the Military Command.

After all, the last thing we all want in the Military, is a "hostile" work environment!

:)

Don't you worry pet.

I'm sure the D.R military are full of big muscle men and that women aren't allowed anywhere near. 

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

No no no the women should just tell them nicely to stop, and it wont happen anymore.

Don't forget that real, strong, feminist women are those who tackle a culture of endemic sexism and entitled male twattery by employing a loud voice, a big stick and a choke chain, much like how Barbara Woodhouse advocated training dogs in the 70s. 

To instigate a professional enquiry, assessment and consequently promote systemic institutional change is not something that women - or anyone, dammit - should be involved with.

16 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Don't you worry pet.

I'm sure the D.R military are full of big muscle men and that women aren't allowed anywhere near. 

I'm quite sure that trastrick knows absolutely nothing about the military and that the ladies he ridicules would soon root out his "masculinity" in an instant.

There are some tough girls out there who could easily deal with some of the laughing male idiots but,  when in what's generally referred to as a male domain such as the military,

there are ranks and other things to consider and it often isn't easy to speak out without being ridiculed,  which they probably won't do if they are in the minority.

Very much like the carry on in Westminster and the Police and Fire services.  It just needs some blokes o grow up that's all and in the meantime,  officialdom should listen and watch.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

The women who complained about their colleagues behaviour sound fine to me. It's the immature boys getting their nobs out and waving them that are obviously unsuited to being around others.

Obligatory smiley inserted regardless of the gravity of the subject matter 🤓

A nob is a posh person int it , A knob opens doors as well as other entrances . 

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I have watched the TV stories concerning the perverts Saville and Rolph Harris , The one thing i will never understand is why those victims kept going back (in some cases not all }.  .

Why ?????

Why do domestic violence abuse victims keep going back to the people who abuse them? Its not as cut and dried as you think.