Now And Then By The Beatles.

echo beach

9 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I'm sure I've heard it before, it sounds like 90's indie band Sebadoh or somesuch. Anyway the 70's were far better than the 60's, the human race was barely sentient until 1965ish if the pop music was anything to go by.

12K views 2 years ago #thebeatles #johnlennon #beatles
This video is a celebration of George Harrison's birthday on the 25th February of 2021. Don't Bother Me is the first song written by George Harrison in 1963
Edited by cressida

Heard it a few times over the past week or so.  What a miserable, maudlin song. 

Reading about it today, the song's been picked up from a poor recording done as part of a rehearsal.  Who says that the Beatles or John Lennon was ever going to release it as a single or even an album track all those years ago. 

It's funny that none of the remaining Beatles or Yoko ever mentioned the song over the decades.  It should have remained where it was originally left, on the rehearsal room floor. Just because you can resurrect something using modern technology & AI, doesn't mean you should do. 

And as for being the Beatles 'last' song, as its made number 1 in the charts, expect more rehearsal stuff to be released.  That whirring sound you can hear is Lennon doing 250 rpm.  Beatles last song my backside, now someone has latched on to a cash cow. 

You want a classic slow, mournful Beatles song that has real meaning, look no further than 'In My Life'.  This latest offering isn't a patch on that. 

Edited by Baron99