Christmas Trees. Is It Too Early?

18 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

We have so  many posters on this forum complaining of rules and restrictions.

Nobody wants to be told what to do when we get a dangerous virus and nobody wants a ULEZ zone to clear the air.

No one wants to do anything about climate change and people want to ban this and ban that.

Large numbers get ratty at speed limits being lowered and health & Safety laws drive everyone bonkers.

Despite our hatred of restrictions,  if a guy wants to put his Christmas tree up early to please his kids,  all of a sudden there's a restrictive date and he shouldn't do that.

Why ?  

My comments Organgrinder are based on the true meaning of what Christmas is all about and not the commercial money making circus that it’s become.

echo.

• Like 2

It's too early. Make them wait. Builds character.

Christmas is special because it only happens once a year with all the bells and whistles. IMO Starting too early dilutes it.

November should be all about halloween and bonfire night. And a slow but fun period of anticipation. Still plenty of Christmas preparation you can do, but I would save the decorations until December.  Give them a date in December, call it 'Christmas Tree day' and let them look forward to that.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 4

Disclaimer: Because I'm never here over the holiday period these days, I don't bother - BUT

When I was,  I used to put my few decorations up early in the 3rd week of December, and take them down beginning of the second week of January, as we used to do when the family was not so far-flung as it is now.  My sisters/nephews/nieces who still have family around still do the same and I, personally, think that is quite long enough for them.

• Like 1