First Ulez's Now Ulep's?

Well they introduced ULEZ supposedly to improve air quality, yet if you pay to use them you are just giving money to the councils  whilst still driving through the ULEZ. Now reading the article below  councils are looking at  introducing ULEP (Ultra Low Emissions Parking). Councils across Britain are imposing new Ultra Low Emissions Parking charges which are hiking the cost of parking a diesel car by an inflation-busting 50 per cent.

I read something about certain councils in London looking at this a while ago, then there was no more mention of it in the media but it seems to have raised it's head once again, anything to get the motorists money.

They won't be happy till they have every penny they can get out of the motorist, the Government couldn't care less as they are receiving millions of pound for selling our private data to the companies that run  car parks.

The RAC are against it, as they say, it is penalising people that cannot afford to upgrade their vehicles to the latest models.

Now it's ULEP - that's ultra low emission PARKING! How UK councils are quietly introducing apps to charge drivers of older vehicles MORE to park (msn.com)

28 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Well they introduced ULEZ supposedly to improve air quality, yet if you pay to use them you are just giving money to the councils  whilst still driving through the ULEZ. Now reading the article below  councils are looking at  introducing ULEP (Ultra Low Emissions Parking). Councils across Britain are imposing new Ultra Low Emissions Parking charges which are hiking the cost of parking a diesel car by an inflation-busting 50 per cent.

I read something about certain councils in London looking at this a while ago, then there was no more mention of it in the media but it seems to have raised it's head once again, anything to get the motorists money.

They won't be happy till they have every penny they can get out of the motorist, the Government couldn't care less as they are receiving millions of pound for selling our private data to the companies that run  car parks.

The RAC are against it, as they say, it is penalising people that cannot afford to upgrade their vehicles to the latest models.

Now it's ULEP - that's ultra low emission PARKING! How UK councils are quietly introducing apps to charge drivers of older vehicles MORE to park (msn.com)

I’m all for it.

better idea than the ridiculous “active neighbourhood” schemes that have turned the roads in Walkley and crookes into cAr parks in rush hour - and has all the streets strewn with temporary traffic control equipment so it looks like a bad day on the m6

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Councils are broke. This is all about raising revenue, and nothing to do with global warming.

We are the cash cows they hope will bail them out. In the process they are ruining the town centres and turning them into ghost towns.   

On 04/11/2023 at 20:31, The_DADDY said:

It'll be nationwide before too long as will ulez. 

Then come the 20mph roads 

Then when everyone's car is 'compliant' in come the road pricing. 

If you have money, cool, no biggie.

If you don't Then tough. Who cares? 

I am all for getting rid of cars - but not until there’s a proper alternative provided.

driving is a nightmare where I live - cars double parked - idiot kids driving too fast - no where to park to go shops.

I’d have rid of cars tomorrow except for people who need them for proper travel and not convenience,

1 minute ago, Mkapaka said:

I am all for getting rid of cars - but not until there’s a proper alternative provided.

driving is a nightmare where I live - cars double parked - idiot kids driving too fast - no where to park to go shops.

I’d have rid of cars tomorrow except for people who need them for proper travel and not convenience,

I reckon I'd go along with all of that. 

Driving where I live is bad and getting worse. I have a car with 4 dashcams in it so I cover as much as possible mainly due to our roundabout and the junction of Canklow road and Centenary way. Then there's the speeders, the exhaust poppers and the stupid loud ones and the antisocial drivers. If I could give up the car tomorrow I would. 

On 04/11/2023 at 21:31, The_DADDY said:

It'll be nationwide before too long as will ulez. 

Then come the 20mph roads 

Then when everyone's car is 'compliant' in come the road pricing. 

If you have money, cool, no biggie.

If you don't Then tough. Who cares? 

Only going to be in residential areas or pinch points like Woodseats, Broomhill, Hillsborough with a high number of pedestrians - not your Parkways, Abbeydale / Penistone Roads, A roads generally within built up areas.

Just now, Longcol said:

Only going to be in residential areas or pinch points like Woodseats, Broomhill, Hillsborough with a high number of pedestrians - not your Parkways, Abbeydale / Penistone Roads, A roads generally within built up areas.

You don't think we'll follow Wales and change 30mph roads to 20?