Remembrance Sunday. What Will You Be Doing?

An attendance at the service at Barkers Pool is a must.

I have been there a number of times

However, now with an acute toilet problem, unfortunately I won't be there next Sunday

Get yourself there if you have never been before

Like many Sheffield families we lost lads in the Great War

Mom lost 2 cousins and an uncle, my Dad lost a cousin

The grief within our family at that time you can't imagine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Runningman said:

An attendance at the service at Barkers Pool is a must.

I have been there a number of times

However, now with an acute toilet problem, unfortunately I won't be there next Sunday

Get yourself there if you have never been before

Like many Sheffield families we lost lads in the Great War

Mom lost 2 cousins and an uncle, my Dad lost a cousin

The grief within our family at that time you can't imagine

Always wanted to take my Dad there but we never did it . If I am home I will watch it and observe the silence , if not I will think of them all . 

39 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Observing the 2 minutes silence at home with family?

With friends?

An organized event?

Or quiet reflection alone?

What will you be doing?

What about you?

I have been to the Bakers Pool service a few times in the past and prefer it to the Newcastle one.  Now I live in Newcastle I’ll be at the War Memorial Service at Eldon Square to listen to the service, thats if I can get into Eldon Square it will be packed with young and old people. The streets of Newcastle where the parades and bands march are lined with crowds of people, it’s so nice seeing all those peoples turning out to honour our war dead.

The pro Palestinian protesters are threatening to disrupt the Armistice Day service. I just hope they keep away.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I have been to the Bakers Pool service a few times in the past and prefer it to the Newcastle one.  Now I live in Newcastle I’ll be at the War Memorial Service at Eldon Square to listen to the service, thats if I can get into Eldon Square it will be packed with young and old people. The streets of Newcastle where the parades and bands march are lined with crowds of people, it’s so nice seeing all those peoples turning out to honour our war dead.

The pro Palestinian protesters are threatening to disrupt the Armistice Day service. I just hope they keep away.

My bold

I'm sure the police will be giving out words of advice to anyone causing they deem to be causing a nuisance......

Like in the video..

https://www.facebook.com/reel/709160911099340

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I'm sure the police will be giving out words of advice to anyone causing they deem to be causing a nuisance......

Like in the video..

https://www.facebook.com/reel/709160911099340

Hundreds of them in Newcastle again today, I dread to think what the police bill is. 
One police lady said they are prepared if they do try to disrupt the Armistice Day Service and parades.

• Like 1

Just now, hauxwell said:

Hundreds of them in Newcastle again today, I dread to think what the police bill is. 
One police lady said they are prepared if they do try to disrupt the Armistice Day Service and parades.

That's good, about the police being ready I mean.

Fingers crossed it will go off without a hitch 

• Like 1