All Jobs Will Be Replaced By Artificial Intelligence

Entrepreneur and multi Billionaire Elon Musk says ALL jobs will be replaced by Artificial Intelligence in the not too distant future.

The genius should know, being at the cutting edge of the technological revolution that will create this outcome.

Assuming productivity will increase will it be a blessing or a curse? How will we cope ? What are the problems it will inevitably create? What exactly are are the apocalyptic disasters the boffins keep telling us to be afraid of? Are we heading  for a Utopian or a Dystopian future? 

What do you think? 

All jobs, my backside. 

What?  Binman; Undertaker; Gravedigger; Cleaner; Builder; Carpenter; Plumber; general Construction Worker; Dentist; Business Development Mgrs; Teachers; Childminders; Retail Workers; people who actually repair technology, Glaziers; Police; Paramedics; Cheese Makers; Brewers; Cobblers; Mechanics in various trades, etc (feel free to add to the list).

I did hear an individual interviewed a few weeks ago who was worried about people being replaced in her field of employment.  She was a Media Content Editor though.  Enough said! 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

All jobs, my backside. 

What?  Binman; Undertaker; Gravedigger; Cleaner; Builder; Carpenter; Plumber; general Construction Worker; Dentist; Business Development Mgrs; Teachers; Childminders; Retail Workers; people who actually repair technology, Glaziers; Police; Paramedics; Cheese Makers; Brewers; Cobblers; Mechanicd in various trades, etc (feel free to add to the list).

I did hear an individual interviewed a few weeks ago who was worried about people being replaced in her field of employment.  She was a Media Content Editor though.  Enough said! 

I agree with you, regardless what the boffins are saying about AI there will always be jobs only humans can do.

Edited by hauxwell
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I agree with you, regardless what the boffins are saying about AI there will always be jobs only humans can do.

Something tells me it'll be a very long time before the likes of Musk works out how to use AI & personally trusts it to replace the people who clean his home & offices, clean his swimming pool, makes sure his private jet is safe to fly in.

Also from a BBC documentary I saw about him, (probably still available on iplayer, he is a fascinating individual, as is his mother), if he replaced his workers with AI, he'd have nobody to shout at, to blame for failures or publicly humiliate by firing them in front of colleagues. 

Edited by Baron99

One of the units on my PGCE course in the mid 80s was “Education for the Leisure Age”. The premise of the module was that technology was about  to free us from work and therefore, education had to adapt to this new world.

Like much of the course, it turned out to be bull droppings. We got to listen to lots of Billy Bragg though.

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

One of the units on my PGCE course in the mid 80s was “Education for the Leisure Age”. The premise of the module was that technology was about  to free us from work and therefore, education had to adapt to this new world.

Like much of the course, it turned out to be bull droppings. We got to listen to lots of Billy Bragg though.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that.

😞

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Something tells me it'll be a very long time before the likes of Musk works out how to use AI & personally trusts it to replace the people who clean his home & offices, clean his swimming pool, makes sure his private jet is safe to fly in.

Also from a BBC documentary I saw about him, (probably still available on iplayer, he is a fascinating individual, as is his mother), if he replaced his workers with AI, he'd have nobody to shout at, to blame for failures or publicly humiliate by firing them in front of colleagues. 

Thanks I will see if I can find it on iplayer.  He sounds like an awful man. Power has gone to his head.