All Jobs Will Be Replaced By Artificial Intelligence

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

Early, angry, Billy Bragg.

Not the whiny old bloke.

Pay no more than £2:99

It's off topic but don't get me started on Billy Bragg. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/16728130/billy-bragg-2-5million-profit-selling-mansion-banker/

Although he could be replaced by AI. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

It's off topic but don't get me started on Billy Bragg. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/16728130/billy-bragg-2-5million-profit-selling-mansion-banker/

Although he could be replaced by AI. 

It’s a nice house. I’ve walked past it.

He’s a successful musician. He’s allowed to

have a nice house.

Nice to see the politics of envy alive and kicking amongst the few remaining Tory voters.

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

... Although he could be replaced by AI.

I think his Twitter posts were used to train AI chat bots about pompous misogyny.

large-991536-behold.jpg

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I think his Twitter posts were used to train AI chat bots to be pompously misogynistic.

Fixed that for you. You're IT literate enough to know how training chat bots from social media posts works out. ;)

Who would have thought cars would be able to park themselves? And unmanned warehouses that can select the goods, prepare them for shipment, and deliver them by drone? 

ChatGPT is a gamechanger. Much of social media is already in the hands of AI, and so are many communication systems. Nurses now seem to spend all their time on computers and doctors are already doing remote operations, soon a robot will be able to replace them.

Anyone currently working from home can be replaced by computers and chatbots.

All this is happening right now, and technological advancement doubles every 5 years, so who knows what will be possible down the line? 

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

Entrepreneur and multi Billionaire Elon Musk says ALL jobs will be replaced by Artificial Intelligence in the not too distant future.

The genius should know, being at the cutting edge of the technological revolution that will create this outcome.

Assuming productivity will increase will it be a blessing or a curse? How will we cope ? What are the problems it will inevitably create? What exactly are are the apocalyptic disasters the boffins keep telling us to be afraid of? Are we heading  for a Utopian or a Dystopian future? 

What do you think? 

Regardless of how far it goes... it'll still be sexist or racist for some people.

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Who would have thought cars would be able to park themselves? And unmanned warehouses that can select the goods, prepare them for shipment, and deliver them by drone? 

ChatGPT is a gamechanger. Much of social media is already in the hands of AI, and so are many communication systems. Nurses now seem to spend all their time on computers and doctors are already doing remote operations, soon a robot will be able to replace them.

All this is happening right now, and technological advancement doubles every 5 years, so who knows what will be possible down the line? 

Cars 'parking by themselves' still need human intervention - and there are not that many of them.

When was the last time you  had a drone delivery?

I ignore '(anti)social media' as it appears to be used by crackpots. Automated comms systems have been around for many, many years.

Do you know how expensive these remote operations are - and they still need human intervention/guidance.

Depends what jobs you do from home -  you certainly wouldn't be able to do the one I spent 30+ years doing - or the retail ones that I did following leaving that one.

No-one knows what will happen in the future.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

There was much talk in the late 70s and early 80s of how 'the microchip' would automate jobs, put people out of work and bring about a leisure society. It didn't. Work and people adapted to do different things. I don't think there is anything fundamentally different about the use of AI to automate things.

• Like 1