It's A Crying Shame.

I'm fed up of seeing men crying on the Tele.

During the Second World War when London was under continual bombardment from the Luftwaffe, men would stand in the streets waving their fists at the pilots in defiance, they didn't cower in a corner sobbing.

Then we had Winston's famous speech about fighting them on the beach's.

So what's gone wrong?

I reckon that Paul Gascoigne started all this nonsense when he fell to his knees sobbing during a football match against Germany.

Then we had that miserable-in-chief Andy Murray who shed a bucket load of tears when losing his first Wimbledon final. He had the bare faced cheek to plough through the entire tournament playing nothing but tennis.

There had been no hopping, skipping, or clowning around of any kind, he's a man with the personality of a Vacuum Cleaner..

When Murray lost that final, I was praying he'd express his anger and disappointment by high-fiving his opponent , in the face, with a chair...That's what I do if I ever lose a game of Ludo..

But what he actually did was blub, whimpering and mewling like a hysterical little girl whose puppy dog had gone missing, it was pathetic, and guess what..All of a sudden he became a national hero?

I don't get it, we live on a solid little rock in the north Atlantic, it's cold and wet, we admire the bulldog spirit, we get a grip.  Crying? that's what foreigners do..

What's happened to the "Stiff Upper Lip"

The only way you'll get a stiff upper lip these days is when intimate plastic surgery goes wrong.

We even get celebs on the Tele, tears streaming down their blubbery face's as they tell us their latest sob story and how the good Lord has deserted them.

Germans cry, a point that was demonstrated when the enormous and manly Carsten Jancker broke down and wept when his side were beaten by Manchester United in the 1999 Champions League final.

The former racing driver Mica Hakkinen took himself off for a little weep when a mistake cost him the World Championship.

And the Italian men cry a lot, too, probably because most of them aren't actually men.

Can you imagine Nobby Stiles, W. G. Grace, or Bomber Harris sobbing, I bet they didn't have tear ducts.

My grandad was at Arnhem, surrounded by overwhelming German forces, there is no suggestion that he broke down and wept. he just blew up another tank.

Everything has changed, nowadays a little tear on television can win you not just the love of nation, but also a lucrative advertising deal and a lot of sex with women who think your all gooey and nice.

Britain's gone soft, we don't have one defining characteristic, we don't wear bowler hats anymore, Benny Hill is dead, and our army is now smaller than the Padstow Tufty Club.

The stiff upper lip has gone, Forever!

Answer me one question only.

When is it acceptable for a grown man to cry in public?

A)  Never,

B)  Whenever he is upset by something.

Anyone who ticks B) should be taken directly to Heathrow Airport and put on the next flight to Outer Mongolia...

At first glance I thought you were recalling The Crying Game the 1964 hit by Sheffield’s Dave Berry!😀

But at a second look I see it’s shame not game.

Well Padders you’d better book me a ticket because I don’t see anything wrong with men having emotions and showing them.

Never been to Outer Mongolia or even the Inner version come to that,  but I’ll tell you what it’s like on my return.

echo.

I can't remember the last time I cried because I was sad....I think it was 2012

However, I get all teary eyed at seeing other people happy

I love to watch videos on YouTube of soldiers coming home or people getting a second chance in life 

That show "The Undateables" always makes my eyes leak a little 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, echo beach said:

At first glance I thought you were recalling The Crying Game the 1964 hit by Sheffield’s Dave Berry!😀

But at a second look I see it’s shame not game.

Well Padders you’d better book me a ticket because I don’t see anything wrong with men having emotions and showing them.

Never been to Outer Mongolia or even the Inner version come to that,  but I’ll tell you what it’s like on my return.

echo.

I must admit I've shed a tear, but never in public!

I cried in "Born Free" when Elsa was released into the wild, And I remember being inconsolable watching a film in which Norman Wisdom went to bed with a horse.

When our pet cat died. I had to go for a little walk, and, I'm afraid I get quite sniffly in "Educating Rita" but that's it.

I will argue that the tear-stained face of a grown man is a sign that he likes to eat celery and gives half his monthly salary to a home for distressed kittens.

Your ticket is in the post Echo.

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

I must admit I've shed a tear, but never in public!

I cried in "Born Free" when Elsa was released into the wild, And I remember being inconsolable watching a film in which Norman Wisdom went to bed with a horse.

When our pet cat died. I had to go for a little walk, and, I'm afraid I get quite sniffly in "Educating Rita" but that's it.

I will argue that the tear-stained face of a grown man is a sign that he likes to eat celery and gives half his monthly salary to a home for distressed kittens.

Your ticket is in the post Echo.

Thanks Padders.. I’ll await it with eager anticipation.

echo.

• Haha 1

Sportsman in particular, in my opinion do it for likes and to try and garner more followers on their lucrative social media platforms, it's the same as these footy players praying on the touchline when they get substituted, it's all for show.

Showing  the world you have feelings is big business.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1