It's A Crying Shame.

5 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

I don't see anything wrong with men or women crying in public. However it's now gone too far. People cry at the drop off a hat these days. Same as swearing. Nothing wrong with it when you're really annoyed but it's become part of everyday language. 

Spot on Rolly.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

I'm fed up of seeing men crying on the Tele.

During the Second World War when London was under continual bombardment from the Luftwaffe, men would stand in the streets waving their fists at the pilots in defiance, they didn't cower in a corner sobbing.

Then we had Winston's famous speech about fighting them on the beach's.

So what's gone wrong?

I reckon that Paul Gascoigne started all this nonsense when he fell to his knees sobbing during a football match against Germany.

Then we had that miserable-in-chief Andy Murray who shed a bucket load of tears when losing his first Wimbledon final. He had the bare faced cheek to plough through the entire tournament playing nothing but tennis.

There had been no hopping, skipping, or clowning around of any kind, he's a man with the personality of a Vacuum Cleaner..

When Murray lost that final, I was praying he'd express his anger and disappointment by high-fiving his opponent , in the face, with a chair...That's what I do if I ever lose a game of Ludo..

But what he actually did was blub, whimpering and mewling like a hysterical little girl whose puppy dog had gone missing, it was pathetic, and guess what..All of a sudden he became a national hero?

I don't get it, we live on a solid little rock in the north Atlantic, it's cold and wet, we admire the bulldog spirit, we get a grip.  Crying? that's what foreigners do..

What's happened to the "Stiff Upper Lip"

The only way you'll get a stiff upper lip these days is when intimate plastic surgery goes wrong.

We even get celebs on the Tele, tears streaming down their blubbery face's as they tell us their latest sob story and how the good Lord has deserted them.

Germans cry, a point that was demonstrated when the enormous and manly Carsten Jancker broke down and wept when his side were beaten by Manchester United in the 1999 Champions League final.

The former racing driver Mica Hakkinen took himself off for a little weep when a mistake cost him the World Championship.

And the Italian men cry a lot, too, probably because most of them aren't actually men.

Can you imagine Nobby Stiles, W. G. Grace, or Bomber Harris sobbing, I bet they didn't have tear ducts.

My grandad was at Arnhem, surrounded by overwhelming German forces, there is no suggestion that he broke down and wept. he just blew up another tank.

Everything has changed, nowadays a little tear on television can win you not just the love of nation, but also a lucrative advertising deal and a lot of sex with women who think your all gooey and nice.

Britain's gone soft, we don't have one defining characteristic, we don't wear bowler hats anymore, Benny Hill is dead, and our army is now smaller than the Padstow Tufty Club.

The stiff upper lip has gone, Forever!

Answer me one question only.

When is it acceptable for a grown man to cry in public?

A)  Never,

B)  Whenever he is upset by something.

Anyone who ticks B) should be taken directly to Heathrow Airport and put on the next flight to Outer Mongolia...

That made me laugh Pads.      😂

• Thanks 1

well i am not crying as i want a pint in padders bar,not drinking in some foreign country ,but i got a bit tearfull last year when in the park a bloke came towards me claiming to be padders with a tape measure ,though OMG theyve come to measure me up for a wooden box or steal my burger ,but all was well it was padders in real life just ensuring i was the right bloke,but the burger was proof ,happy summer days and hopefully we will be back next summer and i will buy him a pint.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Padders said:

I'm fed up of seeing men crying on the Tele.

During the Second World War when London was under continual bombardment from the Luftwaffe, men would stand in the streets waving their fists at the pilots in defiance, they didn't cower in a corner sobbing.

Then we had Winston's famous speech about fighting them on the beach's.

So what's gone wrong?

I reckon that Paul Gascoigne started all this nonsense when he fell to his knees sobbing during a football match against Germany.

Then we had that miserable-in-chief Andy Murray who shed a bucket load of tears when losing his first Wimbledon final. He had the bare faced cheek to plough through the entire tournament playing nothing but tennis.

There had been no hopping, skipping, or clowning around of any kind, he's a man with the personality of a Vacuum Cleaner..

When Murray lost that final, I was praying he'd express his anger and disappointment by high-fiving his opponent , in the face, with a chair...That's what I do if I ever lose a game of Ludo..

But what he actually did was blub, whimpering and mewling like a hysterical little girl whose puppy dog had gone missing, it was pathetic, and guess what..All of a sudden he became a national hero?

I don't get it, we live on a solid little rock in the north Atlantic, it's cold and wet, we admire the bulldog spirit, we get a grip.  Crying? that's what foreigners do..

What's happened to the "Stiff Upper Lip"

The only way you'll get a stiff upper lip these days is when intimate plastic surgery goes wrong.

We even get celebs on the Tele, tears streaming down their blubbery face's as they tell us their latest sob story and how the good Lord has deserted them.

Germans cry, a point that was demonstrated when the enormous and manly Carsten Jancker broke down and wept when his side were beaten by Manchester United in the 1999 Champions League final.

The former racing driver Mica Hakkinen took himself off for a little weep when a mistake cost him the World Championship.

And the Italian men cry a lot, too, probably because most of them aren't actually men.

Can you imagine Nobby Stiles, W. G. Grace, or Bomber Harris sobbing, I bet they didn't have tear ducts.

My grandad was at Arnhem, surrounded by overwhelming German forces, there is no suggestion that he broke down and wept. he just blew up another tank.

Everything has changed, nowadays a little tear on television can win you not just the love of nation, but also a lucrative advertising deal and a lot of sex with women who think your all gooey and nice.

Britain's gone soft, we don't have one defining characteristic, we don't wear bowler hats anymore, Benny Hill is dead, and our army is now smaller than the Padstow Tufty Club.

The stiff upper lip has gone, Forever!

Answer me one question only.

When is it acceptable for a grown man to cry in public?

A)  Never,

B)  Whenever he is upset by something.

Anyone who ticks B) should be taken directly to Heathrow Airport and put on the next flight to Outer Mongolia...

They all want leathering . Can you imagine John Wayne crying after being surrounded by 500  Apache braves  . 

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

They all want leathering . Can you imagine John Wayne crying after being surrounded by 500  Apache braves  . 

No way would the "Duke" cry, Hackey.

And he was called Marion.

In Britain Lachrymosity (A good word for you there H) has always been seen, quite rightly, as a sign that you are not really a proper chap, that you may be someone who bowls from the other end.

Oh dear,

How things have changed.....

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

In Britain Lachrymosity (A good word for you there H) has always been seen, quite rightly, as a sign that you are not really a proper chap, that you may be someone who bowls from the other end.

Oh dear,

"Lachrymosity " Good word :thumbsup:  

"bowls from the other end"   😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

Oh dear,

Shouldn’t it be balls from the other end?😀

echo.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

Oh dear,

Heres one for you Padders . He got the name Duke because when he was a nipper on the farm  ,they had a big dog named Duke and he spent all his time with the dog . So much so that people used to say " there's big Duke and little Duke "  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1