Good Morning Britain Hypocrites On Climate Change

The biggest hypocrite on GMB is weather presenter, Laura Tobin climate change advocate & author of 'Everyday Ways to Save the Planet'. 

GBM give her a daily platform to voice her views on climate change, the environment, CO2 emissions, etc but sent her by planes, without any hint of irony, all the way to French Guiana earlier this year, to cover a rocket launch by the European Space Agency, basically to do a few presentations during the daily broadcast, probably totalling about 15 minutes.  Not even the BBC saw fit to send any correspondents out there, preferring to take the live feed from ESA Mission Control & use that for their news slots. 

Tobin, like the likes of Emma Thompson & Michaela Strachan, appears to be one of these environmentalist, who are do as I say, not as I do & as Ms Strachan was once reported as saying on her commute from her home in S. Africa to the UK on a regular basis to present the likes of 'Springwatch', 'Autumnwatch', etc, 'Every time, before I fly, I make sure I plant a tree to offset my carbon footprint.' 

Hmmm? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Once I flew business class I knew I would never fly economy again if I could avoid it

If I could afford to fly on a private jet I would

Everyone would....if they say they wouldn't they are lying 

Oh I agree & while I am trying to do my little bit, I'm not in a position like some of these tv presenters or 'celebrity' activists who are continually speaking of the environment or climate change, while also being paid handsomely but then jetting all over the planet. 

I'd have to win the lottery top prize first to move up to their level of hypocrisy. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Once I flew business class I knew I would never fly economy again if I could avoid it

No need to worry about climate change anyway.

Mother Nature is far more powerful than any of us and Climate Change will sort us out rather than the other way round.

17 hours ago, Cody's Granddad said:

GMB hires Andy Peters who travels round the globe to promote that competition and the quote today was about Prince Harry jetting off to see his mates and yes I do agree with you about Harry and Meghan it still gets up my nose him being criticised by GMB who themselves are as bad as he is.

How do you know Andy Peters doesn't go banging on about climate change if you don't know who he is.

I said, I assume he doesn't because if he did it would be a crazy thing to do. As Jack Grey says, I have no problem with people flying first class or using their own private jet. The problem I have is when they start lecturing others.

20 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

No need to worry about climate change anyway.

Mother Nature is far more powerful than any of us and Climate Change will sort us out rather than the other way round.

Climate change, if it happens, will have a relatively benign effect on the UK.

Some negatives, e.g. higher sea levels (= more expense of flood prevention).

But some positives, e.g. warmer winters and, overall, fewer deaths as a result. I find it amusing how the same people who argued we should have shut down society (at massive societal and financial cost) to save lives of older people during Covid, now ignore the fact that a warmer UK would also save lives of older people.

Edited by Chekhov

21 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I am not that bothered about flying in a private jet, but after having travelled Business class (when we got a relatively cheap ticket) I really cannot cope with economy now other than for short haul. Economy flying really is cattle class, if you've got your tray table down you literally cannot pick anything up off the floor if you drop it.

I can also remember (when we flew Economy to South Africa) almost immediately after taking of the ******* wazzock in front fully reclined her seat and left it there for the entire flight. If I pushed my head back onto my seat's head rest I worked out there was only about 14" between my nose and the seat back in front, for about 11 soddin' hours......

22 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am not that bothered about flying in a private jet, but after having travelled Business class (when we got a relatively cheap ticket) I really cannot cope with economy now other than for short haul. Economy flying really is cattle class, if you've got your tray table down you literally cannot pick anything up off the floor if you drop it.

I can also remember (when we flew Economy to South Africa) almost immediately after taking of the ******* wazzock in front fully reclined her seat and left it there for the entire flight. If I pushed my head back onto my seat's head rest I worked out there was only about 14" between my nose and the seat back in front, for about 11 soddin' hours......

I flew business clas to Thailand with Qatar Airways in a 'Q-Suite'

It costs twice as much but worth every penny

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Poor fool has got a big shock coming.

Wish I could be here to see it.

Who is a fool, and from whom is he going to get a shock ?

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

I flew business clas to Thailand with Qatar Airways in a 'Q-Suite'

It costs twice as much but worth every penny

A bit better than Economy I grant.....

Business class is so expensive though, it's a pity that Premium Economy is so over priced for what it is. It's more Economy Plus rather than Business Minus.....

Edited by Chekhov