The Flu. How Do You Deal With It?

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Same for me :thumbsup: It’s like them that have three days off work and say they had flu .

Maybe they were telling the truth? 

Or maybe they didn't know your secret Flu curing trick of sticking garlic up your arris? 🤔

9 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Maybe they were telling the truth? 

Or maybe they didn't know your secret Flu curing trick of sticking garlic up your arris? 🤔

Well at least that remedy should also keep the vampires at bay!

I’ve never had a reaction to Covid or flu jabs previously but after having both simultaneously on Monday I was shivering and shaking by the evening. Next morning I felt as though I’d been hit over the head with a crowbar. A couple of ibuprofen tablets did the trick.

echo.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Had the flu jab but have got notification for the Covid one,  not sure what to decide.

I got through the pandemic without catching covid (even though I spent a week in close isolation with an affected person), and this year I decided not to have a covid jab. A month ago though, I went for my flu jab which meant spending time in the GP’s waiting room with a bunch of other people. Two days later I tested positive for covid. It just goes to show, you never can tell.

18 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

So I've got the flu from my awesome caring sharing daughter. Woke up yesterday feeling drained, bad cough, aches etc. She's off the gym for a few days, my lad has started with it too.

My way to deal with it is......

Plenty of Vitamin C, warm lemon honey and whiskey, plenty of fluids, eat clean and my famous (in our house anyway) chicken and veg soup.

A few days of this and I'll be right as rain.

How do you deal with the Flu?

Have a run around the garden and work a good sweat up  and then a good rub down with the yard brush.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cressida said:

Had the flu jab but have got notification for the Covid one,  not sure what to decide.

For years Cressida I was invited for a flu jab but declined my reasoning being that I am relatively fit and have always managed to avoid catching the virus. I thought give my dose to a more vulnerable person, I don’t need it.

Then Covid raised its ugly head and I decided that I’d perhaps better start having both vaccinations.

I’ve had Covid, which was more like a mild cold, but fingers crossed, never had flu yet.

Now I see so many needles each year that with a few pins thrown in it’s like being a member of the Searchers! Remember them?

echo.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MyFriendStan said:

... Have a run around the garden and work a good sweat up...

Good luck with that.  Last time I had flu - proper flu, not silly man flu -  I saw giant fuzzy bugs crawling in the corners of the ceiling and could barely get out of bed to stumble to the bathroom to puke. 

On 08/11/2023 at 21:26, Hecate said:

Good luck with that.  Last time I had flu - proper flu, not silly man flu -  I saw giant fuzzy bugs crawling in the corners of the ceiling and could barely get out of bed to stumble to the bathroom to puke. 

Yup - proper flu then they wouldn't be posting on SF.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 22:26, Hecate said:

I had a few of those pills back in my younger days!