The Golden Generation, It's Coming To An End Now, Big Time.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

You clearly haven't read a lot of the topics I've posted in, then.

The only ones I've seen are not about the thread subject but abut denigrating other posters.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

To get back to the original point of this thread, why do you think the ordinary people of this  country have lost the hard won advantages and opportunities of the most egalitarian society this country has ever known?

I don't.   You do and rather arrogantly think that your position is somehow so universally accepted as being right that it's beyond debate.

I don't even know what your patronising  sweeping generalisation of "ordinary people" is supposed to mean. 

10 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I don't.   You do and rather arrogantly think that your position is somehow so universally accepted as being right that it's beyond debate.

I don't even know what your patronising  sweeping generalisation of "ordinary people" is supposed to mean. 

Well I think the facts speak for themselves. It is the view of the poster who started this thread, and also many of the subsequent posters -  that the post war generation had a 'golden' time of it with all sorts of benefits and advantages, which have since been denied later generations.

I don't see how anyone can deny that.

My point is there was nobody prepared to fight to maintain those privileges because like me they thought once they were enshrined in law they were here in perpetuity. lt has been the Tory party that has reversed the law and done away with them all. 

I take ordinary people basically to mean the working class, but we're not supposed to use the term anymore so I would say anyone who pays tax via PAYE, and the growing number who are self- employed but in insecure work.                             

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

I take ordinary people basically to mean the working class, but we're not supposed to use the term anymore so I would say anyone who pays tax via PAYE, and the growing number who are self- employed but in insecure work. 

Glad you gave a  shout out to the self employed, Anna.

Working Class?

As  a business owner, on the road for most of my working life, who had clients to satisfy, payrolls to meet, and ever more taxes to pay, I can assure you that I never worked harder in my life!

No clocking off at 5 for us!  :)

Edited by trastrick

7 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

The only ones I've seen are not about the thread subject but abut denigrating other posters.

Can I point you to just one of many then? 'South Yorkshire Transport needs improvement'. There have been others, but that one, at  least is still current.

Any on the general discussions ?     Regarding the subject and not the posters ?

Count one hundred of them and see how many of them refer to the subject and how many are smart arse ?

16 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Any on the general discussions ?     Regarding the subject and not the posters ?

Count one hundred of them and see how many of them refer to the subject and how many are smart arse ?

No idea - but as usual, you are deflecting and exaggerating.  'Discussion' over.