Hallamshire Hospital Changes

23 minutes ago, bassett one said:

what a mess ,top road closed,50 less disabled car spaces,traffic congestion ,its worse than ever what do others think?

I went 2 weeks ago.     When I filled in the treatment satisfaction form,  I told them it was a disgrace and made it really difficult for everyone to attend appointments.

21 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

It was fine when I went, 1st November for a  8:30am appointment, I had no issues at all.

Sure it was fine at 8.30am, but a pig at 9.0am, and every minute thereafter.

What upsets me is it's impossible for a disabled or elderly person to attend independently except by taxi. (about £30 round trip.) Disabled spaces are few and far between now and most still require quite a walk to get into the building, then another walk along endless corridors to get where you want to be.  

It's necessary to have someone drop you off at the door, then go and find somewhere to park, while you wait, then acquire a hospital wheelchair (in short supply) to be able to push you to your destination. Wait, and repeat the whole rigmarole in reverse. This often means the helper has to take time off work to assist and lose money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

As a regular at RHH I welcome the closure of the 'A' road. Its planned usage in 70's has been swamped by the sheer number of cars and inconsiderate drivers.

An obvious need then. 

I know, instead of fixing the problem, let's do away with the solution altogether....

If you are reasonably mobile, you can usually park outside St Marks on Broomfield Road. It’s only a short walk to the main entrance from there. 

You can only get in from the Beech Hill Road end and parking is for two hours, I think. Both things contribute to there often being spaces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

If you are reasonably mobile, you can usually park outside St Marks on Broomfield Road. It’s only a short walk to the main entrance from there. 

You can only get in from the Beech Hill Road end and parking is for two hours, I think. Both things contribute to there often being spaces.

The trouble is this is a hospital dealing with old, ill and injured people, so a lot are not 'reasonably mobile,' and have a great deal of difficulty accessing the hospital.

However thankyou for the tips which may be helpful to some people. 

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The trouble is this is a hospital dealing with old, ill and injured people, so a lot are not 'reasonably mobile,' and have a great deal of difficulty accessing the hospital.

However thankyou for the tips which may be helpful to some people. 

Then Ambulances or Taxis are the way to go.

If you don’t qualify for an ambulance, you need to think laterally.

There’s plenty of parking in Broomhill, and you could easily drive there and taxi the last mile at minimal cost.

38 minutes ago, Anna B said:

However thank you for the tips which may be helpful to some people. 

The 'minor injuries unit' has a separate access.

On the the 'A' Road any attempt to improve flow for car drivers has just resulted in attracting more car drivers making it harder for everybody else to get around, The majority of users are mobile and use public transport (tram, H1,10, 51, 52, 120, 257 etc), or the new drop off.  

It would be an impossible to satisfy the car drivers demand  to park around  Royal Hallamshire, Children's, Jessop Wing,  Charles Clifford and Weston Park Hospitals as evidenced by the way they block Whitham Road.

Making the 'B' Road safe for all users is very necessary.