Ex Bus Driver Again

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

And the new style notes are designed with intricate detail that is hard for fraudsters to copy. The other advantage is that a customer either has a  £2 coin  in his wallet or he doesn't.  If he tries to pay with card and it doesn't scan, there is the situation what the OP describes. Cash never suffers a technical failure.

I’ve seen a few fake £2 coins recently 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

My business is cash only.  wrekincoms861@gmail.com for all customer enquiries please. Thank you.

That isn't what they asked.

They raise a very good point actually.  Just exactly how do you pay your suppliers of your ingredients and equipment and pay your employees and your tax bills and utility bills and broadband to pay for your internet access.....

Just remind us again how many of your corporate catering clients are giving you wads of notes...

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

And the new style notes are designed with intricate detail that is hard for fraudsters to copy

And yet there are a few variations of fake £20 polymer notes in circulation. 

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

That isn't what they asked.

They raise a very good point actually.  Just exactly how do you pay your suppliers of your ingredients and equipment and pay your employees and your tax bills and utility bills and broadband to pay for your internet access.....

Just remind us again how many of your corporate catering clients are giving you wads of notes...

I'd like to see a tax return. I mean a grand a week in profit and yet there are no records of the business existing. No Companies House registration, No FSA inspection documentation, no online presence other than the non-descrip Gmail. 

• Like 3

They're are plenty of apps which can fake bus-payments.

I don't see the point in keeping the current Sheffield bus-service.   It isn't fit for purpose.  Disabled folk should have subsidised taxi-fares and everyone else subsidised bicycles.   And to encourage more cycling bus lanes  could easily become segregated cycle only lanes.

Edited by 26b-6
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Subsidised taxis!!!! 😂

You might just laugh this off, but it might have a bit of merit as an option for those on enhanced mobility side of PIP. Motability offer a 'Taxi Pass' if the car you lease is off the road and a suitable hire car isn't available. I know it's done through a 3rd party, but local taxis are used (not the 3rd party cars)

It could also be argued that you get the extra PIP money, so pay the price like everyone else. The problem there is, the cash probably wouldn't get you many journeys due to the cost of a taxi.

I don't think it's a 'just laugh it off' answer.

I don't think a subsidised taxi service would be an easy to organise option either.

I'd say it would be worth looking into in more detail.

15 minutes ago, zach said:

You might just laugh this off, but it might have a bit of merit as an option for those on enhanced mobility side of PIP. Motability offer a 'Taxi Pass' if the car you lease is off the road and a suitable hire car isn't available. I know it's done through a 3rd party, but local taxis are used (not the 3rd party cars)

It could also be argued that you get the extra PIP money, so pay the price like everyone else. The problem there is, the cash probably wouldn't get you many journeys due to the cost of a taxi.

I don't think it's a 'just laugh it off' answer.

I don't think a subsidised taxi service would be an easy to organise option either.

I'd say it would be worth looking into in more detail.

I don't know about anywhere else, but I do know that a friend of mine in Brighton who is disabled and cannot use buses receives a yearly allowance of taxi vouchers - not enough for a lot of journeys, but  she does get them.