Why Did The Sun, The Mail And Gb News Lie About Poppy Sellers?

All three media outlets ran stories which contained allegations that poppy sellers at several rail stations had been variously intimated, threatened and pushed by people protesting against the Israeli military action in Gaza. The Royal British Legion has since said that they had no such reports from any of their volunteers and they have no evidence that these things happened.

So, why did they lie?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Thanks for the link.

It says police dropped it due to insufficient evidence.

As far as I'm aware this dosent mean it didn't happen, just that the police don't have enough evidence ?

15 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It says they reviewed the CCTV - I can't imagine there are many parts of a major rail station not covered by CCTV.  Also, the guy says he was in the Royal Signals but here he is in a paras beret https://twitter.com/RaggedTP/status/1722538903310127533

Draw your own conclusions I guess

Hmmmm. That's rather dodgy.

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Thanks for the link.

It says police dropped it due to insufficient evidence.

As far as I'm aware this dosent mean it didn't happen, just that the police don't have enough evidence ?

But parts of the media are quite happy to report it as fact despite scant evidence. 

4 hours ago, Delbow said:

All three media outlets ran stories which contained allegations that poppy sellers at several rail stations had been variously intimated, threatened and pushed by people protesting against the Israeli military action in Gaza. The Royal British Legion has since said that they had no such reports from any of their volunteers and they have no evidence that these things happened.

So, why did they lie?

4 hours ago, Delbow said:

So, why did they lie?

Divide and rule