Another Paedophile Gang Found Guilty

On 18/11/2023 at 10:11, Prettytom said:

Can I suggest that you do a little less typing and spend the time saved researching the child protection issues caused by social media.

The problem with the internet is that people can discover something happens and then think they're experts. They then become fearful of it, without realising that it happens so infrequently it is not worth bothering about.

Quite apart from anything your argument, certainly as regards people recognising kids from videoed galas, is provably total cobblers :

9 Jan 23

My lad was in a gala at PF at the w/e. My main interest was obviously in my lad's swimming but after him I was particularly interested in his friend at the club. I like him, he's nice to my lad and any parent likes anyone who is nice to their kid(s), that's how it works....

Anyway, this friend was in one race and I was following him and cheering him on but I didn't think he swam particularly well really. It was only when they finished I realised I had actually been looking at the wrong swimmer !

16 Oct 23 

I was chatting to one of the other parents at my lad's club session tonight and she recounted the time she managed to video one of her daughters swimming a  gala. She got home and proudly set it going only for her daughter to point out she'd videoed the wrong swimmer !

On 18/11/2023 at 10:11, Prettytom said:

Oh. You could also try to avoid making assumptions about people that you don’t know. See how that works out.

I make an assumption that you are an authoritarian who thinks the purpose of society is to regulate and control people's lives "for the common good" and "to keep us all safe" (though you never define "safe"). And you have NEVER posted anything to indicate I am wrong.

Edited by Chekhov

On 18/11/2023 at 12:00, Mkapaka said:

So what you moaning about?

I was stopped from videoing my lad's first ever fly race, which he won.

Nor was I allowed to film his first race at the club gala, which he also won.

Very special moments, gone forever.

Not that @Prettytom would care I am sure as he is a "false empathiser".

More generally, one feels less than relaxed every time one gest ones camera out at a gala "is some paranoid jobsworth going to start having a go at me here?"

Edited by Chekhov

21 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The problem with the internet is that people can discover something happens and then think they're experts. They then become fearful of it, without realising that it happens so infrequently it is not worth bothering about.

Quite apart from anything your argument, certainly as regards people recognising kids from videoed galas, is provably total cobblers :

9 Jan 23

My lad was in a gala at PF at the w/e. My main interest was obviously in my lad's swimming but after him I was particularly interested in his friend at the club. I like him, he's nice to my lad and any parent likes anyone who is nice to their kid(s), that's how it works....

Anyway, this friend was in one race and I was following him and cheering him on but I didn't think he swam particularly well really. It was only when they finished I realised I had actually been looking at the wrong swimmer !

16 Oct 23 

I was chatting to one of the other parents at my lad's club session tonight and she recounted the time she managed to video one of her daughters swimming a  gala. She got home and proudly set it going only for her daughter to point out she'd videoed the wrong swimmer !

I make an assumption that you are an authoritarian who thinks the purpose of society is to regulate and control people's lives "for the common good" and "to keep us all safe" (though you never define "safe"). And you have NEVER posted anything to indicate I am wrong.

Checkers.

I’ve decided to stick you on ignore. Mostly because I don’t think that this is doing you any good at all. 

Your posts are becoming distinctly bizarre, quite stressy in places, and I don’t want any part of making things worse for you.

All the best.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Checkers.

I’ve decided to stick you on ignore. Mostly because I don’t think that this is doing you any good at all. 

Your posts are becoming distinctly bizarre, quite stressy in places, and I don’t want any part of making things worse for you.

All the best.

I am delighted I will not have you making stuff up about what I post and denying what you say.