Why Tell Lies.

26 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Sorry I was mistaken. I thought you were on about parading them through the streets naked.

Ugh!

Tell you what I believe there would be few men who would have a relationship with a woman if she was already in one.

Edited by cressida

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Ugh!

Tell you what I believe there would be few men who would have a relationship with a woman if she was already in one.

Tell you what Cressida I believe there would be very few men who would want a relationship with another woman if he was already in one!

echo.

• Haha 1

Why tell lies? 

Mmm...  Interesting question

Apparently, according to psychologists, the ability to tell lies is a social necessity, and a skill children learn early as a survival strategy.

But then there's lies, damn lies and statistics; there's also white lies, irony, and lying by omission, lying as a matter of expediency, saying the wrong thing for the right reason, and the right thing for the wrong reason, so all a bit complicated.

It all depends on the context and, yes, the 'why,' which is important. It's the difference between lying for personal gain, and lying to protect someone's feelings. And sometimes the truth can be overrated. My son for example got into terrible trouble from his wife when he admitted to their children that there was no Santa Clause. 

You decide...

Like I said, it's complicated...

Edited by Anna B

Yes all those Anna,  I'm not a feminist but it would upset me if I hurt another woman.

38 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Tell you what Cressida I believe there would be very few men who would want a relationship with another woman if he was already in one!

echo.

Can you elaborate echo please?

22 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Why tell lies? 

Mmm...  Interesting question

Apparently, according to psychologists, the ability to tell lies is a social necessity, and a skill children learn early as a survival strategy.

But then there's lies, damn lies and statistics; there's also white lies, irony, and lying by omission, lying as a matter of expediency, saying the wrong thing for the right reason, and the right thing for the wrong reason, so all a bit complicated.

It all depends on the context and, yes, the 'why,' which is important. It's the difference between lying for personal gain, and lying to protect someone's feelings. And sometimes the truth can be overrated. My son for example got into terrible trouble from his wife when he admitted to their children that there was no Santa Clause. 

You decide...

Like I said, it's complicated...

I can't lie Anna,

I just can't, I go blood red in the face if I lie.

20 minutes ago, cressida said:

Yes all those Anna,  I'm not a feminist but it would upset me if I hurt another woman.

Can you elaborate echo please?

No need for Echo to elaborate Cressy.

Just read the post carefully, HE being the word that says it all...