Everton Points Deduction.

m williamson

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

It's been announced this morning that Everton are to be deducted 10 points for breach of FFP rules.

My guess is that this will be reduced to 4 or 6 following appeal.  Wonder how nervous Man City are?

Good news for the Blades, moved up a place.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Don't worry blades, poundland deep pockets will keep you safe, no doubt about that, and you'll be out of the PL jurisdiction anyway.

Thought I'd wandered onto the Liverpool Forum for a minute.

No, it's something of interest to supporters of Premier League clubs.   Obviously that would be somewhat confusing to supporters of lesser clubs, such as those that haven't played in the Prem this century and have in fact been relegated to the third level three times in that period.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its an absolute shambles this has happened yet Man City are still sat there with no points taken off.

As for the relegation places, Everton would be much better taking this deduction this season rather than letting it drag on into the next with appeals. the bottom 4 in the league (before Everton got the points taken off) are of such a poor quality this season they are likely to still stay up anyway, next season maybe not so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its an absolute shambles this has happened yet Man City are still sat there with no points taken off.

As for the relegation places, Everton would be much better taking this deduction this season rather than letting it drag on into the next with appeals. the bottom 4 in the league (before Everton got the points taken off) are of such a poor quality this season they are likely to still stay up anyway, next season maybe not so.

Definitely, this season has the worst sides in years, and I doubt they'll struggle to pull out of the bottom 4

56 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I'd still back them to finish above the 3 promoted sides at this moment in time, even if it isn't reduced. A lifeline of sorts for you guys but still will be a struggle to stay up.

Wouldn't disagree with that.

Our squad isn't strong enough the late departures of two quality players didn't help matters. A disinterested owner and having the third worst injury list in the division  is also a problem but I'm sure most ,clubs can come up with their own tale of woe.

What's annoying is that it seems as though the owner is content to plod on without making a fight of it. It'll be interesting to see what happens in January but I'll be amazed if any significant investment is made.