Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

Just heard them speaking about it.  5,500 seater stadium with 2,500 undercover.  Hope it all works out for them. 

Keeping the cricket as well apparently. 

As for the traffic, Woodseats is already a nightmare.  People going to the games would be advised to use public transport which I think most will as many will possibly be drinking before & after games.  The owners of The Norton & the pubs down in Woodseats will be hoping it all comes to fruition. 

Being on the south side, I might start going to games when the Blades are away. 

Edited by Baron99

i think the ideas great ,but how are they going to sort the traffic as its manic as it stands with the st james shopping centre,the all weather and keep fit buildings next to st james retail park,plus it is football,rugby,a museum ,cricket,social club and traing facilities also a music venue ect,ect,i love the idea but it only has a 450 car park for parking as well ,its madness at that island with crashes galore,if they can over come this i say great.

Traffic will simply come to a standstill....even more regularly than it does now!

All very predictable, and has been for years.

What will happen then?  Well, the Council will ride to the rescue with their pet plan that was rumbled years ago and subsequently mothballed - extend the Supertram up Chesterfield Road.  With that in place, they can stop subsidising some routes, so there will be less busses for us to choose from.

Businesses of all kinds will have to suffer the enormous disruption of the ongoing work to sort this out, and many will fold as a result as there will be fewer customers able to get to them.

I seem to remember being told Don Valley was going to be a great stadium for both Rugby and a venue for music shows.  That didn't work out either.

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

plans are sorted for the sheffield fc and super league rugby sheffield eagles.plus a museum and more great idea ,but with all these matchs ect what about that awfull island ,what do others think?

Realistically, how much additional traffic is it going to generate?

It doesn't look like it will affect rush hour when half of Dronfield comes to Sheffield.