Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

17 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Certainly easier running it from Herdings and so less costly, but I’d doubt there are enough people within a reasonable walk of that route to justify the investment.

There are more people around the suggested  Chesterfield Rd route but it would be a lot more difficult and costly to deliver.

Open up Norton Aerodrome for new housing, run the tram from Herdings to Meadowhead, then you only have the short stretch along Bochum Parkway without nearby housing. Chuck in Andy_terrier's ideas for a park and ride at the Meadowhead end. Job done :)

I would guess the tram would only take 10 minutes from Gleadless Townend to Meadowhead, so not too long a journey into town from Meadowhead.

Edited by Bargepole23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Open up Norton Aerodrome for new housing, run the tram from Herdings to Meadowhead, then you only have the short stretch along Bochum Parkway without nearby housing. Chuck in Andy_terrier's ideas for a park and ride at the Meadowhead end. Job done :)

I would guess the tram would only take 10 minutes from Gleadless Townend to Meadowhead, so not too long a journey into town from Meadowhead.

There’s limited potential for housing at the aerodrome. It certainly was green belt and it is contaminated.

Maybe instead of coming on here the people who don’t want this development to go ahead contact their local councillors ( contact details can be found on council website). I know I have, especially as I couldn’t make the consultation dates. 
If we don’t let the councillors know how we, (the public who voted them in) feel about this development they will think the people of the area want it to go ahead.  I know you can object once the planning application has gone in but that is only seen by the planning department, I don’t think the councillors see objections I may be wrong. 
Let your councillor know.

1 hour ago, shazzamattazza said:

Maybe instead of coming on here the people who don’t want this development to go ahead contact their local councillors ( contact details can be found on council website). I know I have, especially as I couldn’t make the consultation dates. 
If we don’t let the councillors know how we, (the public who voted them in) feel about this development they will think the people of the area want it to go ahead.  I know you can object once the planning application has gone in but that is only seen by the planning department, I don’t think the councillors see objections I may be wrong. 
Let your councillor know.

All objections are public, anyone can see them. Same with messages of support. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, Planner1 said:

There’s limited potential for housing at the aerodrome. It certainly was green belt and it is contaminated.

The aerodrome would make a good park and ride....if the tram went closer. 

3 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Decontamination isn't impossible, plenty of industrial sites are decontaminated.

Looks from Google maps like there are large areas of it under tarmac or concrete, not sure what habitats would be lost by building on what would seem to be a brownfield site. Referring to the area between lightwood House and bowman drive.