Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

what worrys me although i like the idea is what sheffield fc said about only 450 car spaces for a 5,000 seater ground for football,rugby,music ect,plus a museum and a big cricket centre ,plus training areas,volley ball  and a pub was swfc and sufc get lots of traffic on match days so theres no difference,when st james shopping centre was mentioned he said they were mad to allow that,strange answer,plus dont forget the norton traing centre/swimming pool ect next to st james centre,plus all the traffic accidents outside the proposed idea,and when st james get busy which it often does the 2 lane to norton becomes one as its the back up over flows the entrance area to the st james centre,i dont think he thought out the answer to the locals nearby by saying they put up with it at hillsbrough and the lane its only the same with traffic.

47 minutes ago, bassett one said:

what worrys me although i like the idea is what sheffield fc said about only 450 car spaces for a 5,000 seater ground for football,rugby,music ect,plus a museum and a big cricket centre 

Doncasters football ground only has 1,000 spaces and the capacity is about treble that of this proposed one.

46 minutes ago, bassett one said:

what worrys me although i like the idea is what sheffield fc said about only 450 car spaces for a 5,000 seater ground for football,rugby,music ect

Remind us all how big the car parks are at Bramall Lane and Hillsborough.

Its a fantastic idea. The existing cricket ground was dreadful when I used to play on it twenty years ago. It is even more dilapidated now. The plan will improve the area no end.

I guess that some people just don’t like progress.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

what worrys me although i like the idea is what sheffield fc said about only 450 car spaces for a 5,000 seater ground for football,rugby,music ect,plus a museum and a big cricket centre ,plus training areas,volley ball  and a pub was swfc and sufc get lots of traffic on match days so theres no difference,when st james shopping centre was mentioned he said they were mad to allow that,strange answer,plus dont forget the norton traing centre/swimming pool ect next to st james centre,plus all the traffic accidents outside the proposed idea,and when st james get busy which it often does the 2 lane to norton becomes one as its the back up over flows the entrance area to the st james centre,i dont think he thought out the answer to the locals nearby by saying they put up with it at hillsbrough and the lane its only the same with traffic.

Isn't this modern fangle thing called the  Internet wonder? 

I've just used it to look at the average attendance of Sheffield FC & it's 476.

I can't see a problem with car parking spaces.  I'm not sure how many car parking spaces are at BDTBL, (I don't take mine because I like a drink match days) but that bit of Sheffield has adapted / accepted it for a few hour on match days. 

Edited by Baron99

19 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

So, a non-league football club with very small crowds does a great PR show and hoodwinks most of us into getting them a prime site, building a big stadium, getting them memorabilia from SUFC, SWFC etc to create a stadium and museum with very little parking spaces for the crowds, all in an area already blighted by traffic problems, and we are meant to all fall in line and applaud SCC for backing it?

And when it is built and we get gridlock when they hold evening gigs in it to pay the bills , the same people will be lambasting SCC for their part in it all!

There is something we're missing here though - the brains behind all this needs to be identified and given a major role somewhere.....  if they can pull this stunt off  - and if anybody can sort out world hunger, climate change etc - that will be the individual!

I live just round the corner from it and when it's built can't wait to see what evening gigs are held there.

22 hours ago, Runningman said:

5000 seater stadium, just imagine the chaos if ever the day came when it was filled, which of course is very doubtful.

If they do get the go ahead and they put concerts in I would imagine it would be full quite often. 
As others have already mentioned the main problem is the road infrastructure surrounding this proposal is very poor. St James Retail park since being built has made the road into/out of it and surrounding roads snarled up every weekend. Given that one weekend will be football and the other ( where it will overlap in the summer) rugby the roads will not cope. The roads around it will be used for  parking, as are the surrounding roads nr St James. 
Historically this development should be at Hallam FC which has the official oldest football ground in the world. 
Given that Sheffield FC is already saying ( on their website) they will be playing there methinks a few palms have been greased. 

Edited by DumDom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DumDom said:

If they do get the go ahead and they put concerts in I would imagine it would be full quite often. 
As others have already mentioned the main problem is the road infrastructure surrounding this proposal is very poor. St James Retail park since being built has made the road into/out of it and surrounding roads snarled up every weekend. Given that one weekend will be football and the other ( where it will overlap in the summer) rugby the roads will not cope. The roads around it will be used for  parking, as are the surrounding roads nr St James. 
Historically this development should be at Hallam FC which has the official oldest football ground in the world. 
Given that Sheffield FC is already saying ( on their website) they will be playing there methinks a few palms have been greased. 

Edited by bassett one

3 hours ago, DumDom said:

Perhaps instead of making allegations of corruption, you might read what has been said properly.

The Sheffield FC chairman said:

Our target is for the project to be ready for the start of the 2025-26 season. We need everyone to get behind this and once and for all put Sheffield sport well and truly on the map”

Having a target is a far different thing to having everything sorted and in place. They haven’t even made a full planning application yet, so it’s far from a done deal.

• Like 1