Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

9 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well if the ground in dronfield is green belt  and you can build houses as he needs to sell that to part finance the new ground and he said every thing was sorted, that means in theory the meadowhead  ground is surrounded by housing and labours new laws that could go for housing, but sheffield fc said it was all in place and they would go ahead asap . now its all gone quiet why?

The government have been consulting on PROPOSALS to make changes to the National Planning Policy Framework, which include green belt. The consultation only closed a couple of weeks ago. You shouldn’t assume that a proposal will actually happen, or if it does, be exactly as proposed. Also, changes to national policy can take a very long time to filter down into planning policy at local and regional level.

When major planning applications are submitted it often takes a long time to get a decision as there are often a lot of discussions taking place in the background between the local authority and the developer and their consultants. Often this results in updates to the application, or sometimes withdrawal. My guess would be this is what’s happening at the moment. 

• Like 1

well he was very positive about it all ,even say not when it will happen and everything is ready to go , but its the supposed sports england cricket problem ,something about not enough area being allowed for this? are they putting in money?

14 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well he was very positive about it all ,even say not when it will happen and everything is ready to go , but its the supposed sports england cricket problem ,something about not enough area being allowed for this? are they putting in money?

B1 - try & stick with us on this one. Just because someone SAYS something, it doesn't necessarily mean it is true

If the notorious snake oil salesman Tims had stood before the meeting & been anything other than ultra positive about the proposal, that would have been a red flag to anyone with any nous - he has to be positive to try to convince more people to part with more money (as he doesn't like spending his own)

As a for instance, a few years ago a big red bus was rolled out saying that millions of pounds per week would go the NHS if people supported Brexit (you voted for it) - that didn't happen

yes radio sheffield he stated ready to go and will happen which i thought a bit naughty as he had not even got planning,despite putting signs up football coming here or something like that over 18 months ago, i am not against it as i have said as long as parking is sorted as he also will do music ect, which will be great,but no one knows about the supposed cricket problem by sports england or why else is it not being started?

28 minutes ago, jemson said:

mj01. Unfair to compare the Chairman to the Tories

I wasn't

I was illustrating that saying something doesn't always equate to it being a reality - a few on here struggle with that concept

still no news about the cricket causing the problem? out of intrest do sports england have a big say in this going ahead? and do they put in large amounts of cash into this or these type of projects?