Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

22 minutes ago, bassett one said:

still no news about the cricket causing the problem? out of intrest do sports england have a big say in this going ahead? and do they put in large amounts of cash into this or these type of projects?

Have you thought about contacting Sports England and asking them directly, and then you will know the exact details, if there are any, instead of asking people on the forum who probably know as much as you....which is nothing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

still no news about the cricket causing the problem? out of intrest do sports england have a big say in this going ahead? and do they put in large amounts of cash into this or these type of projects?

I've just messaged Sports England & they are going to come on here at 6pm tonight & answer all your questions

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bassett one said:

yes radio sheffield he stated ready to go and will happen which i thought a bit naughty as he had not even got planning,despite putting signs up football coming here or something like that over 18 months ago, i am not against it as i have said as long as parking is sorted as he also will do music ect, which will be great,but no one knows about the supposed cricket problem by sports england or why else is it not being started?

I assume you mean this interview (I've been listening to all the interviews to try and find the actual quote)?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cbhb5f

Whilst he does use the phrase "That's all ready to rock and roll", that is about a specific small aspect and mentioned in the context of the surrounding challenges, so I find it difficult for it to be interpreted as though everything is "done" and "ready to go".

The full quote of that part (early in the interview) is:

"It is in the hands of the politics really, I suppose. As we mentioned when we launched, which was in April last year, we have to sell the Dronfield site to enable the funding to come through to develop the Meadowhead site. So, we're working over two local councils, which you can imagine working over one local council is difficult enough. Sheffield are fully on board, in fact I am meeting councillor Terry Fox on site on Monday, and that's all ready to rock and roll, but obviously we need the funds from Dronfield. [We've] had planning difficulties. We accepted an offer on the site, what, 12 months ago probably, yeah May last year, and that has gone rather slower than we would have anticipated or expected, so yes we are behind...."

(He then goes on for several more minutes explaining the complexities and difficulties being experienced).

• Like 1

tried sports england and cannot find any mention of there concerns, news says mr timms hopes to appeal to 3 billion football supporters to visit the site , how many will come well thats another matter, so what is the true problem, cricket? football? rugby ? or the cash as i think all 3 needed to get the plan to work, but cash is hard at the moment for the most of us, but changes could be made in the next budget for building ect.

On 17/11/2023 at 19:41, bassett one said:

i think the ideas great ,but how are they going to sort the traffic as its manic as it stands with the st james shopping centre,the all weather and keep fit buildings next to st james retail park,plus it is football,rugby,a museum ,cricket,social club and traing facilities also a music venue ect,ect,i love the idea but it only has a 450 car park for parking as well ,its madness at that island with crashes galore,if they can over come this i say great.

Thought you were a big fan of St. James's when it was proposed.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/441967-aldi-meadowhall-retail-park-closing-down/?do=findComment&comment=7905292

i like st james retail park , i like the football idea the only thing i have said as long as they sort the traffic out , i have seen the plans and with the new tweeks at st james on the left that seems to have helped the back up towards the island and they seem to be bouyant about there wont be a problem, i think at times there will be , just have to bypass the island on certain days/nights. but there seems to be a big problem as we stand is it cash or cricket i dont know , but they said it was going ahead , but gone quiet recently but why?

26 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i like st james retail park , i like the football idea the only thing i have said as long as they sort the traffic out , i have seen the plans and with the new tweeks at st james on the left that seems to have helped the back up towards the island and they seem to be bouyant about there wont be a problem, i think at times there will be , just have to bypass the island on certain days/nights. but there seems to be a big problem as we stand is it cash or cricket i dont know , but they said it was going ahead , but gone quiet recently but why?

Island?