Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

2 hours ago, MJ01 said:

Not always sadly - sometimes the 'shiny new thing' attracts the jackdaw vandals

as it stands its used for stolen/illegal cars/bikes to run around, dog owners  let there dogs use it as a toilet, also its boggy because the drainage needs replacing and its used for football and cycles to run around on , there as i say 11 entrances inc a vehicle one all open 24/7 so unless you fenced it and made it members only the surface would be messed up within days, if you do fence it it removes a area that decent folk use to sunbath ect in summer, so the locals would not benefit unless there was something added to the play area.

plus as chair of the friends of greenhill park i know, this still exists sorry i thought it was closed as a group, the only time the police would let us close the drive in gates, we could not close any other was at festival time for 1 night,providing we had a steward in the park over night to open if needed as the police state the park cannot be locked to vehicles as if a person gets hurt they need access, but bikes /people can enter anytime 24/7 as well, when it was used with a pavillion in the 50s people were more respectfull and there was great matches played there and some top tennis games as well and as for the park being adjacent to the transport ground i take it some people have strange imagination. not saying impossible but theres a lot to be considered.