Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

Edited

note that the football club is not building a 5,000 seater venue just for 500 people is it? they are doing music ,plus several other things will over lap,as cricket/football and rugby,also he stated st james shopping centre that who ever passed that was mad ,well they said like most planners they will  mainly use transport ,not cars well often the lane into st james gets over shot and blocks  the 2nd lane to norton off going all the way back to the island,no mention of the car crashes outside the ground? plus its okay saying folk near to SWFC OR SUFC  grounds put up with it ,the people who buy there knew about the traffic parking,the people of norton did not so paid higher prices and who will pay for there decrease in value? it will be over busy unless the re-do the whole area to cope,i am not against this ,but it will need sorting as folk drive to venues,plus what happens if the rugby go up to super league? plus you have graves training facilites as well.plus what about sufc match day traffic going that way as well.

On 19/11/2023 at 16:52, bassett one said:

note that the football club is not building a 5,000 seater venue just for 500 people is it? they are doing music ,plus several other things will over lap,as cricket/football and rugby,also he stated st james shopping centre that who ever passed that was mad ,well they said like most planners they will  mainly use transport ,not cars well often the lane into st james gets over shot and blocks  the 2nd lane to norton off going all the way back to the island,no mention of the car crashes outside the ground? plus its okay saying folk near to SWFC OR SUFC  grounds put up with it ,the people who buy there knew about the traffic parking,the people of norton did not so paid higher prices and who will pay for there decrease in value? it will be over busy unless the re-do the whole area to cope,i am not against this ,but it will need sorting as folk drive to venues,plus what happens if the rugby go up to super league? plus you have graves training facilites as well.plus what about sufc match day traffic going that way as well.

I didn't know sufc got that much match day traffic from meadowhead 

i like the idea ,but its the traffic problem in that area and only 450 parking spaces for a 5,000 seat stadium ,its fine the owners saying well other areas put up with parking ect,but the folk that bought nearby did not have the reason to believe that this would happen,the supermarket was refused years ago and st james shopping centre and the norton/graves traing centre ect have been added since,plus theres more traffic now as well.

38 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I look forward to you telling us the same thing again tomorrow.

They aren’t submitting the detailed planning application till January, so plenty of time to continue the speculation / moans.

You’d expect that a development of this size and nature would include a traffic impact assessment (TIA) in the application, so, when the application is published, we should all know what they are proposing to mitigate any potential traffic issues that the TIA identifies.

5 hours ago, Planner1 said:

They aren’t submitting the detailed planning application till January, so plenty of time to continue the speculation / moans.

You’d expect that a development of this size and nature would include a traffic impact assessment (TIA) in the application, so, when the application is published, we should all know what they are proposing to mitigate any potential traffic issues that the TIA identifies.

the sheffield fc owner said quote who ever allowed the st james devolopment was mad ,the question i ask is that the wisest of statements to make for his idea,out of intrest how does the council /roads think about the meadowhead island as it stands and the st james shopping entrance slip road blocking off the 2nd road towards norton when its busy causing a backlog back to the island ,is there any changes in mind for these problems, as i think these need sorting before adding or thinking of adding extra traffic,plus all the vehicle crashes outside the entrance to the proposed site,