Sheffield xmas market

Resident

if you look at the paperwork for the xmas market it states via scc and mr percival  who owns farrars funfairs,the story goes scc wanted the market and the funfair stepped in and paid for the cabins ,but there after hold the rights ,which is good in some ways as the city would of had nothing unless they had sorted it,but i do think it needs re-freshing but its hard due to all the works going on ,plus scc should fund something other than just the lights and that would enhance the market.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

if you look at the paperwork for the xmas market it states via scc and mr percival  who owns farrars funfairs,the story goes scc wanted the market and the funfair stepped in and paid for the cabins ,but there after hold the rights ,which is good in some ways as the city would of had nothing unless they had sorted it,but i do think it needs re-freshing but its hard due to all the works going on ,plus scc should fund something other than just the lights and that would enhance the market.

No surprise that SCC wants stuff but doesn't want to fund it and pull in revenue afterwards. Probably knew they'd balls it up a-la Container Park. 

Sheffield is clearly operated by Bobo and the rest of the Clowncil...

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

Whatever the ins and outs of the situation,  I was pointing out that Sheffield,  in the past,  was known all over the country for it's Christmas efforts.

As I said in my earlier post,  either people are seriously interested in promoting Sheffield or they are happy to see it put to shame by others.

It simply isn't the Sheffield it was and  SCC  must bear most of the responsibility.   We are supposed to make progress forwards,  not backwards.

They are advertising day trips to Sheffield Christmas market or a separate trip to Meadowhall from Newcastle and Gateshead this coming Saturday. So get ready the Geordies are going to be invading Sheffield or Meadowhall on that day, you’ll know who they are when they start to talk. 

The Christmas market in Newcastle is now in full swing.  We probably have the same festive stalls as Sheffield, but it’s the way in which all the stalls/log cabins have been arranged, it doesn’t look as nice as Sheffield.  Just before the first lockdown I thought Sheffield Christmas market was magical. The Big Wheel was at Barkers Pool and a Carousel, log cabins and decorations in The Peace Gardens, Newcastle’s Christmas Market was a bit of a let down after seeing Sheffields. No wonder they are doing day trips from up here to Sheffield. JH coaches will be the first ones heading to Sheffield this Saturday. 

A few people I know have booked a day trip and I have told them they won’t be disappointed

Edited by hauxwell

These things are very overrated, we went to a christmas attraction where there was apparently a Unicorn as one of the attractions

Family went, we paid out money and the unicorn was clearly a bog standard horse you see in any field with a cone on its nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, rogets said:

These things are very overrated, we went to a christmas attraction where there was apparently a Unicorn as one of the attractions

Family went, we paid out money and the unicorn was clearly a bog standard horse you see in any field with a cone on its nose.

Shocking . Did you ask for your money back ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melv said:

Get saving if you want to go to Chatsworth craft fair. It'll set you back £28-00 to park your car!

TM Travel service 218 will take you directly in to the grounds of Chatsworth House, leaving from Sheffield Interchange, Psalter Lane, Ecclesall Road South and Dore & Totley railway station.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1